• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season XII Discussion Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fixtures

FC Division One
FC Division Two

OD Division One
OD Division Two

Twenty20 League

CW Cup - Fixtures TBC

********************************************************************************************************

The plan is to start the season in two weeks time with first round of FC matches. I will put up the team threads tonight, just so managers have a bit longer to submitt teams in case they are on holidays themselves. I will be going away from the 3rd to 8th of Feburary but I should be back if I have to sim matches, but if there is delay during that period thats why.

I will be simming FC matches again this season, but I am looking for two simmers to sim OD and Twenty20. Twenty20 is basically going to replace the old 2nd XI competition. With the old format we had too many databases floating around with 2nd XI and things got a bit complicated with large squads. Basically Twenty20 is designed for the board to assess which managers outside the 1st XI group are keen enough to become 1st XI managers. Basically the more active you are the more chance you have. Also by allowing them to manager Twenty20 they get to play with the top players in the game.

As you might notice there is only 11 rounds, compared to 10 each for OD and FC. With OD and FC in respecitve weeks, that mean Twenty20 may finish 9 weeks sooner. If there is a lot of interest then I may either continue that comp for another 11 weeks or have a Twenty20 Cup. I will decide on that later.

With the main Cup competition no dates have been set or format decided. I just want to start everything off before I organise the format of the cup. There will be a cup this season though.

Lastly as requested the matches will be emailed to managers instead of announced on the fourm. Later in the week I will post a list of email, which I need all managers to confirm in case I made any mistakes.

I think thats it any questions feel free to ask.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok threads up for FC next week. I put Twenty20 a week back as it is tad unrealistic to have both databases FC and OD finished by next week. Also it gives the 2nd XI managers another week to come back. It is important though that 1st XI manager post sides in 2nd XI thread if 2nd XI managers forget.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Season preview

Auckland

A solid FC eleven, but without the grand stars and allrounders they remain favourites to relegate, with hometown seamers Bond and Martin the grand weaknesses. The one-day sides rely on Pollard and Chopra, two excellent batsmen, though they seem to be a bowler short and could easily finish last in this form as well.

Colts

A side with little match experience, gambling on talents from the Associate nations, R ten Doeschate (Ned) and R Watson (Sco). Likely to finish on the middle of the second rung. The one-day side looks complete on paper, even including Guyanese veteran L Cush, who has tormented one-day batsmen for ages. Change bowling could be tricky, however, and is probably the thing that Tamil Nadu will exploit to win the one-day title.

Karachi

A strong, well-rounded side in FC, though the side lacks a bowling allrounder, which pushes them below Yorkshire in the race for top spot in Division Two. The one-day side looks much weaker, though F Alam can provide useful part-time spin, and they should not challenge for promotion.

More teams to come later, if anyone likes this. :p

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i can sim one day or t/20 if ya like

i am away from the 19th till the 2nd of feb what would you like me to do with the nsw boys!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry Hakon I didn't reply to your email last week. Feel free to continue with the previews, good work so far.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We continue, then...L through Q:

Leicestershire:

Weak bowling line-up, with the exception of code convert B Marshall, means their only chance of survival is beating Warwickshire and Auckland. In the one-day side is significantly stronger, though the fifth bowler does not appear, which, like the Colts, means they likely won't challenge for the title.

New South Wales:

Dependent on rookie batsmen, with South African J Symes as well as American recruit D Quayle. Unlikely to do very much in FC; their one-day bowling is also severely lacking, with only G Roll a seasoned expert in the art, and only the presence of Auckland saves them.

Queensland:

Excellent first class bowling attack, with six men conceivably taking part in the rotation. All batting rests on 21-year-old J Jenkins, which is the main reason they're as far down as fourth on the first class ladder. The one-day batting, where a quickie might be rested in order to shore up the lower order, is also keeping them from a title challenge there; they'll be lucky to survive the dogfight with Victoria and Warwickshire.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Perera, RTD, Crush, Madugalle, Raza. Pretty sure Raza will do a better job as 5th bowler then what most sides have TBH, expect maybe Victoria.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Part Three

South Australia:

Has the potential to be one of the strongest FC sides, largely on the back of the insanely talented Trevor Binny, and two massively useful allrounders meaning they could, if they wish, bat down to nine. In one-day cricket, it is weaker, with some inexperienced batsmen needing to come through if they are to beat Yorkshire.

Tamil Nadu:

The sole representative of the Indian nation, former WCC powerhouse Tamil Nadu remains the FC favourite, with B Guy and UAE recruit Ali Asad leading a fearsome bowling attack. Their one-day attack, however, verges on the laughable, but ten overs of Guy and economical principles means the batting could chase down anything.

Victoria:

The MCG has one of the weakest sides in the league, with no true allrounder whatsoever, no fourth bowler, and change bowlers to put the fear into their own crowd's hearts. Moss, Pascoe and Harwood are a reasonable trinity of one-day bowlers, which could wreak havoc with a suitably assisting pitch, but they lack batting to stay in the league.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW Announce Club Skipper

Manager Rob Malone today announced at a press Conference the Club captain and Vice Captain, and also showed the teams new one day and Twenty/20 shirts along with player numbers and a short brief press statement about the new season.

J Kallis & J Rudolph have been announced and given the honor of Club Captain and Vice captain. Kallis who has been with NSW for along time know has the respect of all players and teams with his quality sportsmanship and great cricketing brain, as well as coaching he will be involved with the nsw Cadets in what hopes to be a great season for the one time wcc champs. Rudolph will make a great vc as his understanding of the game is 2nd to none and also a very well respected cricketer through out the nsw and wcc ranks.

NSW Playing shirt​

NSW Squad Numbers​

M Williamson 30
J Symes 25
J Rudolph 01
J Kallis 8
J Martin 2
H Alfred 3
O Fry 4
R Wilson 5
D Quayle 7
K Stoddard 13