• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7 Draft Info

thierry henry

International Coach
I must say, I'm quite astounded and delighted to pick up F Milligan.

I had really wanted a batsman, but put what I believed to be two of the best remaining bowlers on top of my list, assuming that they would get taken early. Whilst this maybe leaves me a batsman short atm, it is more than made up for by the surprise bolstering of my bowling attack.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guyana are pleased to announce that Jaques Rudolph will be at the club for Season 7. He will hopefully bolster our One Day batting and add experience to our new look side.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Very happy to add Jaffer to the club.

That leaves Somerset with 4 50+ bats and 2 49s, so im happy :)

Now I just have to make sure my last 4 picks are perfect, I need 2 keepers and 2 OD bowlers...which won't be easy to get

Cloete

International Captain
I'm delighted with Shamshad. It means we have a guy with an average of 48 coming in at 6 and Parida averaging 47 comign in at number 7. Still, I can't help but think what I could have got if I had ****ing submitted for round 1. That's something I'll never get over!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very happy with F Abbasi, im a bit worried OD bowling stats, but hopefully the other four bowlers will bowl out the other team out before he has to bowl. His low number of matches is also a concern, but its hard to say no to a 65 batting average.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Happy with Mohammad, should provide me with a good solid OD bowler, and in FC well!

Fantastic batsman, and a great bowler, the perfect allrounder!

thierry henry

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Very happy with F Abbasi, im a bit worried OD bowling stats, but hopefully the other four bowlers will bowl out the other team out before he has to bowl. His low number of matches is also a concern, but its hard to say no to a 65 batting average.
COMPLAINT

There is no F Abbasi on the list I received.

Not that it would have mattered, but maybe this would have effected some people higher up the list?

nibbs

International Captain
P Gada seems like a good pick to me, although I seem to have overlooked his experience...

Mr. P

I can confirm what the Worcs manager said about Abbasi not appearing on the list...however mate I say who cares?

Abbasi is going to suck, his games played is tiny and he bowls way too much

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not overly thrilled with p Engineer but should stack up well in the bowling ranks in both forms. Now we really do need to pick batsmen.

Slats4ever

Byron Morley today was named as Western Province's 2nd round draft pick. The player will add extra depth to the 4 day batting side having averaged 47.5 in his 32 game career so far.

Byron also looks set to play an important role in the teams OD plans for season 7 with his average of 40. The Western Province Daily caught up with both manager and Byron after the news was announced.

"Look Byron's definately the type of player we were looking for. He gives our 4 day batting that extra bit of strength and OD batting some more class. He's young and keen and will have a great opportunity at Western Province to develop all his skills"

"Great news. It's always been my dream to play in the WCC competition and to be able to play in division 1 makes it even more special. I'm looking forward to working with Ian and the rest of the Western Province side.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy enough with Love, gives me my third 50+ batting average for four day.

Guys, am I right in thinking that those of us who kept 13 players will now miss out on round 3 of the draft?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thierry henry said:
COMPLAINT

There is no F Abbasi on the list I received.

Not that it would have mattered, but maybe this would have effected some people higher up the list?
go back in the thread a little bit its explained there...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
Happy enough with Love, gives me my third 50+ batting average for four day.

Guys, am I right in thinking that those of us who kept 13 players will now miss out on round 3 of the draft?
the draft order for rounds 3 and 4 will be released soon...