• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCC Board Announce addition of Division 6

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys, we are pleased to announce that next season 6 new teams will be added to create a division 6.
managers and teams will be as follows

Gauteng - Roseboy
Barbados - Bryce
Northerns - Bluespottyzebra
Chittagong - Superkingdave
Galle - Ferd
Lahore - theWizard1o1

managers will be free to trade with the new teams when the squads are released on the website on the weekend. But please note the board will be monitoring very closely so these managers arent ripped off....

Ill be expecting the new managers to leave their information soon so people can contact them...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Congrats to all new managers...im a bit 50/50 on the new division but its not like I can really do anything on the matter...so HEY this is great news;)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
The team lists for these new teams will be announced on the website at the same time as all the original wcc team lists will be going up. So far things are going smoothly and I'm looking at around Saturday evening for the release time.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
congrats to all new teams and there respective managers good luck and remember only trade with those who you trust.! lol

Graham

3rd Umpire
Congratulations to the new managers and welcome on board.
Can't say I agree with the creation of a further division, but hey - don't take that personally.

Simon

Graham said:
Congratulations to the new managers and welcome on board.
Can't say I agree with the creation of a further division, but hey - don't take that personally.
can i ask why you dont agree with it?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
nibbs said:
woah...what country do Northerns call home?
Northerns, South Africa, I'd imagine. Who play in the SuperSport Park, Centurion (near Pretoria).

Oh, and a hearty welcome to the new teams, too.

Simon

Samuel_Vimes said:
Northerns, South Africa, I'd imagine. Who play in the SuperSport Park, Centurion (near Pretoria).

Oh, and a hearty welcome to the new teams, too.
yeh its South Africa....

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Western Province extend a warm welcome to the new south African teams.. It'll be great to finally be able to build up a bit've rivalry amongst us..
so welcome roseboy and bluespottyzebra

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
One thing though - I suppose WCC aren't going to follow the South African restructuring of first-class teams, given that two new provinces have been added?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Hey All,

Glad to get a callup into the 'big leagues' and the Lahore pitch doc....groundsmen are already hard at work getting everything upto speed for next season.

Congrats to the other new managers too!

Email: thewizard1o1 @ lexicon.net
MSN: nath17 @ hotmail.com

steds

Hall of Fame Member
good luck to all new managers.

*thanks the lord that ND are no longer bottom of the whole of WCC*

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Delighted to be appointed Chittagong manager, now i just have to think up a nickname.

Any who wants to contact me either

dave.p.richards at btinternet.com for email

or dave_kingofthewasters at hotmail.com for my MSN

Cheers
Dave

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Delighted to be appointed Chittagong manager, now i just have to think up a nickname.
The Gongers?

Very happy to lead the Galle team next season.

You can contact me on Byte @ Internode . on . net if you need.

Graham

3rd Umpire
The reasons I felt an extra division was unnecessary were
1. that we go through quite a few managers already
2. extra work for those in charge who have trouble keeping things up to date as is
3. more teams make trading even more complex than it already is

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The new teams will be a part of the draft.

Simon seems to think that the academy has run well with a lot of new managers so we need to give them an opportunity in the big time. I imagine if it doesn't work out we can make a decision at the end of season 6.