• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One Day - Round 9 - Division 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guyana vs Western Province
Karachi vs Tasmania
Northern Districts vs Mashonaland

Guyana vs Western Province
Umpires: Russel Tiffin & Ian Robinson
3rd: IJ Gould
Match: Lynn Mcfarlane-smith

Karachi vs Tasmania
Umpires: RK Illingworth & PJ Hartley
3rd: G Sharp
Match: Micheal Moore

Northern Districts vs Mashonaland
Umpires: JW Lloyds & AA Jones
3rd: NG Cowley
Match: Chris Orgil

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
H Francis
I Vernon
AB de Villiers
J Jenkins
W Beasley
Z Ardley
Z McDonald
Y Satti
R Perrera
D Zulch
J Lawson

Captain: J Lawson
Keeper: Z McDonald

Another must win game for Guyana. We have never lost to Western Province, so all signs are good. If we win this we are still in with a chance for promotion, if not, we can start planning for next season.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mashonaland

M Ul-Haq
SD Malik
G Eaton
Q Carver
A Petal
R Arnold
E Durrant
G Burns
S Mushtaq
K Sami
C Ramanayake

Keeper: A Petal
Captain: S Mushtaq

Mashonaland really should take this game after being untroubled by ND in their previous four day and one day encounters. If we win this, a finish in at least fifth place is all but guaranteed and with Sami back in the side after injury, a big win is expected. I'd also like to change the Mashonaland pitch conditions by taking off one point of spin so they read 4-0-1.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Northern Districts

1 K Sangakarra (wicketkeeper)
2 B Hussain
3 A Holland
4 G Smith (captain)
5 G Gow
6 S Fleming
7 R Warner
8 B Perera
9 R Herath
10 G Aldridge
11 Z Saeed

we win we will come 5th, we lose will come 6th, doesnt get any simpler than that. This is a massive match for both teams and this is one we dont want to lose. Its important for ND to try and remain in div 5 in both forms next seasons so we can give ourselves a chance by winning.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Karachi XI:
M. Manhus
P. Dharmani
M. Dhoni (Keeper)
I. G. Ahmed
B. Khan
J. Cooke
W. Kaye
J. Louw
R. Silva
A. Mishra (skip)
C. Elstub

Had to drop a batsman to bring in allrounder Kaye as 5th bowling option as Ahmed was far to espensive as the part timer. Hopefully he wont bowl any overs. Sardesai was the unlukcy one to be dropped, even though he is averageing 39 this season. The batting has been very very strong all year, just hoping the bowling can click and Mishra, Elstub and Silva can perfrom aswell as Louw. And they should because all have SR's of 31,27 and 30 respecitivly.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Western Province

J Schofield
Z Birch
W Anderson
R Llewellyn
E Drumbill
E Tate
G Shaw
H Nelson
T Samaraweera
N Kumble
N Khan

captain: J Schofield
Keeper: H Nelson

I'm not going to make any bold statements about my players stats. Simply because at the end of the day it doesn't matter what SR my players have it's how they perform on the day.

A win here and I'll be confident we'll wrap up the title. however it is our toughest challenge of the season OD wise so far. We haven't beaten Guyana yet and on paper they are very strong. However we have the form and hopefully we'll be the one's celbrating.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Tasmania

J Sharma
G Banks (wk)
M Goodwin(c)
J Rudolph
N Charlton
T Canning
A Symonds
M Pascoe
U Sammels