Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoaib Malik's comment after the game!!!

Shoaib Malik's comment after the game!!!

after the game Shoaib malik apologized for his teams failure to all "MUSLIMS" in the world. He pushed religion into the game, very bad. what do you guys feel?
    *****Cricket Rules******

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop4real View Post
    after the game Shoaib malik apologized for his teams failure to all "MUSLIMS" in the world. He pushed religion into the game, very bad. what do you guys feel?
    Haha yeah, that was kinda' weird. Don't know what exactly he wanted to say, it might've been something that just came out in the wrong way.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar

i dont think we need to discuss this thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

being a person coming from ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN he is entitled to say that
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post

being a person coming from ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN he is entitled to say that
    No no, that isn't what he said though. He said something like, I'd like to thank all the muslim nations or something like that. But what he meant by that is what I want to know. He can say whatever he wants I don't care or am against anything, but I am just curious what he meant.

well i dont think he meant it that way...consdering that it came from shoaib who is not as religious as inzi and yousuf are...

His comment gave some hint like:-" all MUSLIMS in the world are supporting for PAKISTAN only"............this what I feel.

Whatever he wanted to say, he should have directed it to the Muslims of Pakistan, But he addressed it to the Muslims of World and that's where he crossed the line of stupidity and ignorance. Pakistan doesn't represent muslims of the world, there were two muslims in the Indian side and they were not supporting Pakistan in any way.

I really have no problem with them thanking God before the interview though, It is their personal choice and should be respected, there is no need to ridicule him or anyone for saying that.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    It was very odd to say the least.

I must say Afridi was really good in acknowledging the loss to India. I have much more respect for him as a person.

It was really nice to see Afridi and Harbhajan hugging each other very warmly after the match. For most people and players India Pakistan matches are still great pressure games but they have changed in a fantastic way allowing us to enjoy each others game, skills, company and friendship.

I wish our leaders had learnt this decades ago.

Banned
    India v Pakistan matches are like Australia vs England.

Only India and Pakistan are evenly matched :P

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    It was very odd to say the least.

I must say Afridi was really good in acknowledging the loss to India. I have much more respect for him as a person.

It was really nice to see Afridi and Harbhajan hugging each other very warmly after the match. For most people and players India Pakistan matches are still great pressure games but they have changed in a fantastic way allowing us to enjoy each others game, skills, company and friendship.

I wish our leaders had learnt this decades ago.
    nooooo afridi was saying to him " i will see in home series, i will hit u for six sixes this time.. last time u were lucky i manage only four of four" lol.... ya afridi was good in aknowledging the crowd and indian team's win... i felt like he didn't deserve it... guys like gul, misbah or even Gambir deserve it more than him.... i think what they wanted to do was to select someone who is fivorite in the crowd and whose style suits this type of game...they based their selection on that

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    It was extremely stupid of Malik to have said that. Maybe he wanted to say something else and given his lack of proficiency in English, it came out the wrong way, we wil have to wait and see.

IF he did mean what he say, he is an absolute tool. Not only is it stupid that he thinks Muslims all over the world only support Pakistan but it is also stupid to assume that ONLY Muslims support Pakistan. Heck, I have rooted for Pakistan so many times in other games that it is not funny... He really deserves to be talked to if he did mean what he said.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Probably just said the wrong thing, hype of the moment and all that must've got to this head.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    It was extremely stupid of Malik to have said that. Maybe he wanted to say something else and given his lack of proficiency in English, it came out the wrong way, we wil have to wait and see.

IF he did mean what he say, he is an absolute tool. Not only is it stupid that he thinks Muslims all over the world only support Pakistan but it is also stupid to assume that ONLY Muslims support Pakistan. Heck, I have rooted for Pakistan so many times in other games that it is not funny... He really deserves to be talked to if he did mean what he said
    No it was very clear what he was wanting to say. And yes it looked very bad. I am sure it was not discussed by the anchors in the analysis afterwards only because ti would have made it very messy. Thy musthave realised this is something to be buried and limit the damage.

He made it sound as if Pakistan were playing on behalf of all the Muslims of the world and he owed an explanation to all the Muslims of the world as to why they lost and to assure them that they will come out on top next time around.

It had nothing but wrong connotations.

I was very dismayed because other than this it was a game played in the finest traditions of sportsmanship for which the Pakistani team deserves as much kudos as anyone else.

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    No it was very clear what he was wanting to say. And yes it looked very bad. I am sure it was not discussed by the anchors in the analysis afterwards only because ti would have made it very messy. Thy musthave realised this is something to be buried and limit the damage.

He made it sound as if Pakistan were playing on behalf of all the Muslims of the world and he owed an explanation to all the Muslims of the world as to why they lost and to assure them that they will come out on top next time around.

It had nothing but wrong connotations.

I was very dismayed because other than this it was a game played in the finest traditions of sportsmanship for which the Pakistani team deserves as much kudos as anyone else.
    yeah it did sound bit like that.
    I wonder how Danish Kaneria or Lawson would be feeling.
    What about all the muslims in India that were supporting India.. FFS there were 2 muslims who were playing for India. I was with my muslim friends and luckliy we were just over the moon by India's win so didn't hear much of what they were saying, they would have been pretty pissed off about it as well.
    Don't know where he got the impression that Pakistan were playing for all the muslims
    I do hope it was mistake and he was trying to say all the pakistani muslims.

I must say my respect for Afridi has gone up heaps for his interview and the way he acknowledged India's play as well. The way him and Harbhjan were hugging was great to see.
    India, Pakistan matches are same, played with same spirit and hardness where noone wants to be the loser but without the nastiness that used to be around 90's. I remember many matches where it looked like players from each side was ready to kill the other and there would be alot of swearing etc. Good to see both teams get on so well.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Always thought New Zealand was the team ALL muslim's supported, what an odd thing to say.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information