Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: India/Pakistan is the worst Final in terms of the future

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I love to talk about this mythical power that India supposedly have over the ICC. They get the same amount of votes as every other Test playing nation.

It wasn't the ICC that forced Australia to play a 7 ODI series. It was your Aussie board that agreed to play as it helps them with lots of $$ too.
    Hahahahaah you're kidding yourself if you dont think the subcontinental nations don't have an iron grip on the ICC.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Hahahahaah you're kidding yourself if you dont think the subcontinental nations don't have an iron grip on the ICC.
    So, please explain how? You are saying Indian board twisted the Aussie 's arm and forced them to accept more cash by making them play a seven match series?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Ah so this is pretty much just another excuse for an attack on Indian and Pakistani cricket, and cricket fans in general.

Seemed that way at the start when I first read the thread, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Should have known to be honest.

God forbid India and Pakistan either:
    a) have success
    b) enjoy the game
    c) have any power/influence in the game
    No. Not at all.

I just think It'll be detrimental to Test cricket.

Indian fans want to see their teams win, that brings in more money, they will win more in T20, they will play more T20. It's not that hard to comprehend. As I said, cricket is a business these days. And this is probably the worst thing that could've happened in terms of the security of Test cricket in the future.

So, please explain how? You are saying Indian board twisted the Aussie 's arm and forced them to accept more cash by making them play a seven match series?
    What? This has nothing to do with the 7 match ODI series!

You quoted before my edit so I'll post again:

If Indian fans only watched the formats of the game that they were good at, they wouldn't watch ODI cricket because India are crap at it, and they'd watch more test cricket, which India are far better than compared to the pyjama game. But they still watch more ODIs (generally) because that's their cricketing culture. They don't just watch what they're good at, because then they wouldn't watch much cricket at all.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

What? This has nothing to do with the 7 match ODI series!
    So please explain the power?

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You quoted before my edit so I'll post again:

If Indian fans only watched the formats of the game that they were good at, they wouldn't watch ODI cricket because India are crap at it, and they'd watch more test cricket, which India are far better than compared to the pyjama game. But they still watch more ODIs (generally) because that's their cricketing culture. They don't just watch what they're good at, because then they wouldn't watch much cricket at all.
    I'm not saying they don't watch those formats. At all. I'm just saying they'll want to watch T20 more because they have a better chance of winning, and that increases viewership, money from sponsorship etc. T20 will now attract more of an audience than Test cricket in India and make a whole load of money.

So please explain the power?
    Who do you think makes the ICC the most money? India! They are given huge leniency with everything and have huge power. Money is power.

I'm not saying they don't watch those formats. At all. I'm just saying they'll want to watch T20 more because they have a better chance of winning, and that increases viewership, money from sponsorship etc. T20 will now attract more of an audience than Test cricket in India and make a whole load of money.
    But Jono has already proved you wrong. They suck at ODIs, yet Indians still watch more ODIs.

U19 12th Man
    marketing is everything.. if by any chance there would start on thursday an ind vs. pak test series the audience would be huge!
    it's not really that much about the format, it's about quality play, front stars and rivalries. and it's about how you gather all this together and make a package of it to pass on, to sell.
    ODI world cup failed here, Twenty20 succeeded.
    and some traditional rivalries in test cricket (ashes, ind-pak, ind-aus, aus-nz) make the cash at the grounds and stick milions in face of the tv.
    it's all about how creative you get with the advertising and about the quality of the product.

But Jono has already proved you wrong. They suck at ODIs, yet Indians still watch more ODIs.
    They win more ODIs than Tests though don't they? Indian fans always know they're a better chance of winning a 50 over game than a test, and that would explain why more watch it.

Who do you think makes the ICC the most money? India! They are given huge leniency with everything and have huge power. Money is power.
    I'm not asking you for quotations. I am asking you how they have the power. Yes, they make the ICC the most money, but how does that money translate into decision making power at the ICC. Because the last time I checked, they got the same vote as everyone else. The only way they can 'influence' the ICC more is by getting countries like Australia to agree with them and vote with them.

Quote Originally Posted by atisha_ro View Post
    marketing is everything.. if by any chance there would start on thursday an ind vs. pak test series the audience would be huge!
    it's not really that much about the format, it's about quality play, front stars and rivalries. and it's about how you gather all this together and make a package of it to pass on, to sell.
    ODI world cup failed here, Twenty20 succeeded.
    and some traditional rivalries in test cricket (ashes, ind-pak, ind-aus, aus-nz) make the cash at the grounds and stick milions in face of the tv.
    it's all about how creative you get with the advertising and about the quality of the product.
    And T20 is an easier package to sell, wouldn't you agree?

They win more ODIs than Tests though don't they? Indian fans always know they're a better chance of winning a 50 over game than a test, and that would explain why more watch it.
    No, you really don't have a clue about fans in India.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information