• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sohail Tanvir replaces Akhtar

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tanvir looks exactly like a natural right-hander who has taught himself to bowl left-handed.
You said it.

To me he is the mirror image of so many right handed inswing bowlers from my playing days. Its just that left arm bowlers never saw any point is learning this more demanding (physically) type of swing when they could naturally swing it in and cut it away from righthanders.

I was fascinated to watch him.

I suspect that once the novelty wears off he might not be so devastating but he is a fine bowler. It will be a big strain on his body - this action. But any efforts to change it might completely destroy his effectiveness.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You said it.

To me he is the mirror image of so many right handed inswing bowlers from my playing days. Its just that left arm bowlers never saw any point is learning this more demanding (physically) type of swing when they could naturally swing it in and cut it away from righthanders.

I was fascinated to watch him.

I suspect that once the novelty wears off he might not be so devastating but he is a fine bowler. It will be a big strain on his body - this action. But any efforts to change it might completely destroy his effectiveness.
Agreed. I hope he gets a few tests soon. Not so much because I think he deserves it, but because it'll be interesting to watch. He has a very good first class batting record as well.