• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 Cricket Trivia (to mark 20/20 World Cup)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fair enough.

Of the 15 players in the Pakistan World Cup squad, which player has scored the most runs in all official Twenty20 cricket, including the highest domestic level?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which fielder (excluding wicket-keepers) has taken the most catches in international Twenty20 games?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK, this might kill the thread, but anyway...three players from associate member nations of the ICC played on the very first day of Twenty20 cricket, on 13 June 2003. Only two of them have played ODIs for their nation, and only one of them have been selected to play at the Twenty20 World Championship. Which three players?

Scaly piscine

Hmm I'll have some guesses.

Dougie Brown, Collins Obuya, ten Doeschate, Zuiderant, Blain, Hamilton, Joyce, Morgan.

Scaly piscine

Well Blain, Hamilton and Obuya will presumably be at the Twenty20 World Cup. It could be any of those three but it's most likely to be Hamilton I suppose.

One of the others is probably Dougie Brown, I'll go for Joyce for the last one, hoping he's the only one who hasn't played in an ODI for his native country - I think the others have all played in World Cups which would mean they've played ODIs.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well Blain, Hamilton and Obuya will presumably be at the Twenty20 World Cup. It could be any of those three but it's most likely to be Hamilton I suppose.

One of the others is probably Dougie Brown, I'll go for Joyce for the last one, hoping he's the only one who hasn't played in an ODI for his native country - I think the others have all played in World Cups which would mean they've played ODIs.
Joyce is right. Scored a golden duck off Jason Ormond, who took the first Twenty20 five-for, and also held a catch.

However, though Warwickshire played on the opening day, Brown is wrong. As is Hamilton.

Scaly piscine

Collins Obuya had a short unsuccessful stint at Warwickshire around at that time, so I'll go for him then.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Collins Obuya had a short unsuccessful stint at Warwickshire around at that time, so I'll go for him then.
Yup. Did ok in Twenty20 though. Took a five-for. (Though it was as Glamorgan imploded in chase of 182.)

Since you've already mentioned it and there's just three left to guess, I guess I can say the last one is Zuiderent for Sussex, just to keep the quiz moving. Your turn.

Scaly piscine

Ok, 3 Man of the Matches in England's 5 domestic Twenty20 Cup finals are involved in the Twenty20 World Cup (ie they're in the squads of 15). Name the 3.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ryan McLaren this season, Maddy last year for the Foxes. I'm pretty sure it was Greame Smith when he played for Somerset.

cpr

International Coach
I'll hazard a guess at Snape, usually gets raved about in 20/20, cbf checking if he's actually played in a final though

ATWA over tharmi asking next