Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GROUP C - New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Kenya

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    50/50 record including a game against a dramatically weakened Sri Lanka. Given it's NZ they'll only be worse when it comes down to the World Cup, where they've shown plenty of times they can't raise their game while others can - you don't win anything for being slightly above average there.
    While the mighty England will lose to Bangladesh or some random minnow. Though I'm sure we're all about to hear about how Plunkett can bowl and Cook is a fast batsman and numerous other snippets of biased bull****
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    While the mighty England will lose to Bangladesh or some random minnow. Though I'm sure we're all about to hear about how Plunkett can bowl and Cook is a fast batsman and numerous other snippets of biased bull****
    How many of his posts have you read? He doesn't want Cook in the Twenty20 team and I'm pretty sure he's unhappy with him playing ODI cricket as well.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    I only care about World Cups and Tests, mickey mouse ODIs and Twenty20 series I have a quick look at the scorecard and that's about it.
    You loved mickey mouse ODI's when they gave you evidence (Little evidence but evidence nonetheless) to suggest how great England were because they beat Australia is the CB series and in 2005.

But of course they were different for some random reason weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    How many of his posts have you read? He doesn't want Cook in the Twenty20 team and I'm pretty sure he's unhappy with him playing ODI cricket as well.
    Too many

Though I admit I havent read the recent England threads that much, but you get the idea (hopefully) I was trying to say.

You loved mickey mouse ODI's when they gave you evidence (Little evidence but evidence nonetheless) to suggest how great England were because they beat Australia is the CB series and in 2005.

Aside from the World Cup and Champions Trophy, major tournaments, then the CB series is probably the next most important ODI tournament on the cricket calender.

Too many

Though I admit I havent read the recent England threads that much, but you get the idea (hopefully) I was trying to say.
    I do, just a poor example you gave. I agree with you though, I thought his anti-NZ bias was shining through in that post.

Aside from the World Cup and Champions Trophy, major tournaments, then the CB series is probably the next most important ODI tournament on the cricket calender.
    True. Though India/Pakistan and the Chappel-Hadlee may give it a run for its money.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Once again against the 'full-strength' Sri Lankan outfit that we lost against, (Malinga didn't play) they batted for 5.5 overs. Completely up to the one man show of Jayasuriya in that match, Murali himself didn't have a massive impact, the batting line up SL fielded against us in the match we won was full strength other than missing Sanath, and the bowling line up had the addition of Malinga, at the expense of Murali.

Sri Lanka are a great outfit as they proved in the recent World Cup, and in most forms of the game NZ and Sri Lanka come out pretty much with drawn figures. Australia is Australia and looking back at the team we played against them, Jeff Wilson is in it. Great rugby player mind you.
    (Against
    20/20 Int.
    W L
    Australia 3 - 2
    England 2 - 4
    India 1 - 0
    New Zealand 2 (3) - 2
    Pakistan 1 - 1
    South Africa 2 - 3
    Sri Lanka 2 - 1
    West Indies 1 - 1 (2)

Most matches played: England
    Most victories: Australia
    Most losses: England

Team S/R avg.

Australia: 9.76
    England: 8.32
    India: 6.40
    New Zealand: 7.34
    Pakistan: 7.32
    South Africa: 7.89
    Sri Lanka: 7.70
    West Indies: 8.38

Highest Wicket Takers

AUS: A Symonds: 7 at 13.85
    ENG: Paul Collingwood: 9 at 13.66
    IND: Z Khan: 2 at 7.50
    NZL: J Patel & S Bond 5 at 11.00 and 12.80
    PAK: A Razzaq 3 at 19.33
    RSA: CK Langeveldt 4 at 8.50
    SRL: S Jayasuriya 5 at 10.60
    WI: DR Smith 5 at 14.20

Odd, don't see anything remarkably better than NZ here.
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Once again against the 'full-strength' Sri Lankan outfit that we lost against, (Malinga didn't play) they batted for 5.5 overs. Completely up to the one man show of Jayasuriya in that match, Murali himself didn't have a massive impact, the batting line up SL fielded against us in the match we won was full strength other than missing Sanath, and the bowling line up had the addition of Malinga, at the expense of Murali.

Sri Lanka are a great outfit as they proved in the recent World Cup, and in most forms of the game NZ and Sri Lanka come out pretty much with drawn figures. Australia is Australia and looking back at the team we played against them, Jeff Wilson is in it. Great rugby player mind you.
    (Against
    20/20 Int.
    W L
    Australia 3 - 2
    England 2 - 4
    India 1 - 0
    New Zealand 2 (3) - 2
    Pakistan 1 - 1
    South Africa 2 - 3
    Sri Lanka 2 - 1
    West Indies 1 - 1 (2)

Most matches played: England
    Most victories: Australia
    Most losses: England

Team S/R avg.

Australia: 9.76
    England: 8.32
    India: 6.40
    New Zealand: 7.34
    Pakistan: 7.32
    South Africa: 7.89
    Sri Lanka: 7.70
    West Indies: 8.38

Highest Wicket Takers

AUS: A Symonds: 7 at 13.85
    ENG: Paul Collingwood: 9 at 13.66
    IND: Z Khan: 2 at 7.50
    NZL: J Patel & S Bond 5 at 11.00 and 12.80
    PAK: A Razzaq 3 at 19.33
    RSA: CK Langeveldt 4 at 8.50
    SRL: S Jayasuriya 5 at 10.60
    WI: DR Smith 5 at 14.20

Loving Englands win loss stats.

Should probably point out i don't have a Hate England streak. Just trying to aggravate SP into a violent rant.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    I like basically every world class team. In a supporting order I would go, NZ, SL, WI and Bang (Ireland too), and then appreciation of the other teams, all my love goes to the teams stated.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Odd i don't see anything significant good about NZ's Twenty20 performances. Just look like an average Twenty20 side. I don't think any previous Twenty20 performances will have any importance on this WC. No teams have really played any matches to show what they are capable in this format. The most a team has played is six games, India only played one.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    TBH its just another pointless ODI tournment these days and been that way for a while. Even the fans in Australia are over it and Day One Test Matches tickets these days are seen as the big prize. The last ODI final in Sydney was still on sale till the week before the match. Usually its sold out a month before.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    If Kenya are to win even one game then a lot will rest on Thomas Odoyo's batting and bowling, however if anybody saw/ followed the Afro-Asia T20 match that preceded the ODI matches (the team had 4 Kenyans in it) though the batting folded rather easily the bowling attack did have the Asia XI under some pressure chasing a meager total up until Shoaib Malik came to the crease especially Nehemiah Odhiambo who picked up 2 wickets for 21 so in that sense all is not lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    All these Broad fans are no doubt Kohli fans too. Fans of tosspot wankers.

Both teams were up for those tho, they were trying to score points ahead of the Ashes, letting the other team know they were there. The 2nd ODI series with the stupid supersub rules was a different story and by then everyone was just wanting the Ashes to start. The CB series final was important because it was a final against Australia in Australia (they hardly ever lose these) and because it was the last proper outing before the World Cup (against in the case of Australia they didn't care about a 2nd series shortly after with NZ, but NZers amusingly used it to say how great their team was as per usual).

Anyway this is about NZ not being good enough, I'm sure everyone will try and change the focus onto England but that's not the issue here.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Haha oh man. The ODI Series where England tied with Australia, Australia care. The one where they lose 2-1, suddenly no-one cares despite it being just days after the last one. Australia suddenly find their passion again for the CB Series finals and England win. Then, Australia go to New Zealand and find that they reall cbf playing the game and NZ beats them. Yeah, makes perfect sense. People only care about ODIs when England wins.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information