• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP C - New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Kenya

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We'll see when they meet in the Intercontinental cup
Well, if Ireland and Scotland get full co-operation from the English counties and are allowed to field their full strength teams I think both would be able to beat Kenya.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
people think its close to india's i think thats not quite right, this is similar to NZ kit of 1996 world cup
Personally, I thought it was almost like Indian kit...would have preferred them to wear something more colourful like the Aussies...or the same dark blue they use in ODIs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sri Lanka $1.80 NZ $1.95
Highest first six overs total Sri Lanka $1.75 NZ $2
Interesting considering the Bond factor, I'm backing its good money to put on NZ here.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL to beat NZ tonight ...

I expect Lokuaaratchchi to be brought in place of Mubarak for tonight's game ...

And almost likely Maharoof in place of Wijekoon.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka $1.80 NZ $1.95
Highest first six overs total Sri Lanka $1.75 NZ $2
Interesting considering the Bond factor, I'm backing its good money to put on NZ here.
Just some friendly advise ....Don't throw your money away like this ..Its a sad way to lose money:laugh: Because the loss will hurt you harder...:laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just some friendly advise ....Don't throw your money away like this ..Its a sad way to lose money:laugh: Because the loss will hurt you harder...:laugh:
Ah its hardly a way to live but a bit of fun now and then I'll put a few dollars on my team to do well.

I love NZ SRL games, almost as much as NZ Aus, such competitive matches between the teams.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Drop Mubarak? You must be joking?
He is absolutely atrocious against quality bowling attacks and an easy wicket...Just because he smashed some 3rd grade bowling around does not make him an automatic selection... Lokuarachchi is far better as a "6" hitter and a late order batsman and has the added benefit of bringing some variety into the bowling being a leg spinner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He is absolutely atrocious against quality bowling attacks and an easy wicket...Just because he smashed some 3rd grade bowling around does not make him an automatic selection... Lokuarachchi is far better as a "6" hitter and a late order batsman and has the added benefit of bringing some variety into the bowling being a leg spinner.
AWTA but I doubt if it will happen just the same.

pup11

International Coach
I think there is no better team in world cricket than Sri Lanka when it comes down to minnow-bashing, they just humiliate these minnow nations and they did that to Kenya yesterday, (IIRC, wasn't it Kenya against whom they made 398 in a 50 over game which was a record in Odi cricket for a long time).

Its gonna be interesting game today between the Black Caps and the Lankas, i just hope they don't rest their key players for today's game.

Lostman

State Captain
I think there is no better team in world cricket than Sri Lanka when it comes down to minnow-bashing, they just humiliate these minnow nations
Have to clear out SL's name from all those unwanted records that the 80's WI piled on against us:happy:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to clear out SL's name from all those unwanted records that the 80's WI piled on against us:happy:
Exactly.:laugh:

And I disagree about SL being the worst minnow bashers because Australia are no better. Take for example the 380 scored by Hayden against the Rubbish attack of Zimbabwe or the double Century scored by Gillespie against Bangladesh etc..

pup11

International Coach
No JASON, i don't agree with you on that i think Sri lanka as a team has always trashed the minnow side in a humiliating fashion, they have the most runs in an Odi innings 446 against Netherlands and now they have the most runs in a T20 innings 260 against Kenya.
Haydos's 380 against Zimbabwe wasn't against the worst Zimbabwean attack ever, he faced the likes of Streak, Price, Blignaut and Ervine and also scored the runs very quickly, but as far Gillespie is concerned don't you think for a man who hadn't even scored a first-class century before his 200 against Bangladesh, scoring a double-century against an international team is a very big deal (Gillespie has hardly got any shots to bash a team, don't you think).

Perm

The thing is though, he scored 46* off 13 deliveries and that in itself is a very good acheivement. Also, he's a pretty decent Twenty20 player as can be witnessed by his good domestic record. No, he can't bowl, but I don't think Sri Lanka need that many more bowling options, given they have Jayasuriya and Dilshan who are both handy spinners. I would like to see Lokuarachchi in the side, but Mubarak has runs on the board which is hard to ignore.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The thing is though, he scored 46* off 13 deliveries and that in itself is a very good acheivement. Also, he's a pretty decent Twenty20 player as can be witnessed by his good domestic record. No, he can't bowl, but I don't think Sri Lanka need that many more bowling options, given they have Jayasuriya and Dilshan who are both handy spinners. I would like to see Lokuarachchi in the side, but Mubarak has runs on the board which is hard to ignore.
Those runs mean nothing when it comes to Bond and co...he is an easy wicket when it comes to decent bowling attacks and it would be , IMO, a waste to pick the guy just because he carted an already softened poor quality attack for a few more runs after they had been softened up by those before him...

Perm

Exactly.:laugh:

And I disagree about SL being the worst minnow bashers because Australia are no better. Take for example the 380 scored by Hayden against the Rubbish attack of Zimbabwe or the double Century scored by Gillespie against Bangladesh etc..
Sri Lanka are by far the 'worst' team when it comes to minnow-bashing, not that it's a bad thing. They've set the ODI and Twenty20 records for the highest score against two minnow nations in the Netherlands and Kenya, and some of their players also put in massive performances against these weak teams.

We're talking about limited overs cricket here, obviously, so why bring up Hayden's 380 or Gillespie's 201*? Almost all of the Sri Lankan players have put in big performances against minnow teams, Tillekeratne Dilshan being one of the most notable ones, scoring his only century against the Netherlands.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Haydos's 380 against Zimbabwe wasn't against the worst Zimbabwean attack ever, he faced the likes of Streak, Price, Blignaut and Ervine and also scored the runs very quickly...
Thats hardly a world quality bowling attack.....and pretty much a very below average bowling side...so that doesn't add strength to your argument...