• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe Tour of Ireland and Scotland: An Unofficial Thread

Aritro

International Regular
Didn't realise, but they're already up to the 3rd ODI. Zimbabwe in all sorts at 6/113 in an ODI reduced to 38 overs.

They appear to have won one of the matches by 38 runs with the other one being a wash out. Ervine, Taylor, Raza and Williams being the predictable top scorers in the game they won. Blessing Muzarabani took 4/29 as well. His ODI record against all nations is basically consistently excellent.

Also appears to be Brendan Taylor's last match. An excellent cricketer who deserved to play a lot more matches.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Man, it sucks to think that in a different world Zim might still be a really competitive side with guys like de Grandhomme, Ballance and the Curran brothers (not to mention Taibu probably would've kept playing until a couple of years ago).

Taylor feels like the last scion of that great period of Zim cricket, and it makes me genuinely a bit misty eyed to see him hang up his gloves. Wish him all the best for his future.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, it sucks to think that in a different world Zim might still be a really competitive side with guys like de Grandhomme, Ballance and the Curran brothers (not to mention Taibu probably would've kept playing until a couple of years ago).

Taylor feels like the last scion of that great period of Zim cricket, and it makes me genuinely a bit misty eyed to see him hang up his gloves. Wish him all the best for his future.
Sean Williams Raza and Ervine will be the last ones. But I can understand the emotion.

Aritro

International Regular

Man that really is pretty heartbreaking to think about