• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite team - why, how, when,what?!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This genuinely worked for my circa 2012 ftr. Helped me get my interest in football back quite a bit.
Video games are an excellent way of learning about a sport imo.

Some games provide a more realistic simulation in terms of the actual mechanics of a match than others, but most are excellent in terms of helping you learn the relevant positions, terminology, players and so on. Learned so much about NFL after playing the Madden games, for instance. Learned the rules of the game basically from just jumping in the deep end and trying to work out how to play the damn thing.

cpr

International Coach
Haha yes Madden is a great way to get the basics of such a surprisingly complex sport tactically.

The best, possibly only, way to get an in-depth knowledge is to be American and spend your first 18 years living and breathing it.

I want a Aussie Rules game so I can figure out if the violence is tactical or just because, y'know, Aussies don't give a ****. I'm hoping both.