• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your country's ODI or Test squad die in tragic plane crash...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Bracewell was on the plane, I'm not sure it would be all that tragic.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Probably the only way to get rid of him too. Doesn't seem to show any sense of doing the honourable thing and resigning.

So anyway, my Kiwi side would be:

Matty Bell
Aaron Redmond
Jesse Ryder
Greg Hay
Neil Broom
Grant Elliott
Bevan Griggs (c/wk)
Brandon Hiini
Andre Adams
Corey Anderson (a bit of the Vettori-style feel good factor required here, post-crash)
Bruce Martin

In all likelihood, replace Anderson with Bradley Scott. This is assuming all current tour members snuffed it and that the selectors wouldn't resort to dragging the Marshalls back out.

Flem274*

123/5
I was thinking the same thing myself. Probably the only way to get rid of him too. Doesn't seem to show any sense of doing the honourable thing and resigning.

So anyway, my Kiwi side would be:

Matty Bell
Aaron Redmond
Jesse Ryder
Greg Hay
Neil Broom
Grant Elliott
Bevan Griggs (c/wk)
Brandon Hiini
Andre Adams
Corey Anderson (a bit of the Vettori-style feel good factor required here, post-crash)
Bruce Martin

In all likelihood, replace Anderson with Bradley Scott. This is assuming all current tour members snuffed it and that the selectors wouldn't resort to dragging the Marshalls back out.
Which would inevitably be the case.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll do the Aussie ODI squad, using the recent Indian series squad as the players, that well, died..

(Ricky Ponting (c) Adam Gilchrist (vc)
Nathan Bracken Stuart Clark
Michael Clarke Brad Haddin
Matthew Hayden Ben Hilfenhaus
Brad Hodge Brad Hogg
James Hopes Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee Andrew Symonds
Adam Voges Michael Hussey
Shaun Tait Shane Watson
)

Test XI:

C Rogers
P Jaques
S Katich*
D Hussey
M Dighton
C White
+L Ronchi
A Noffke
J Gillespie
D Bollinger
S MacGill

12th: M Di Venuto
13th: L Pomersbach
14th: S Magoffin
15th: D Cullen

I'm sure it would be possible to recall Lehmann, Warne and McGrath if they were desperately needed but I don't think they are. As White is out injured either Simpson would come in or Pomersbach move into No.6 and Bailey onto the bench. Same applies with MacGill. Cullen would come in and McGain onto the bench.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the Australian test squad of Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Symonds, Gilchrist, Lee, Johnson, Clark, MacGill, Hilfenhaus and Hogg were all injured/dead or unavailable, the squad I would pick is this (will most likely be a little biased).

Squad of 12, with bowlers to change arond depending on conditions.

Rogers
Elliot
Katich (c)
Hodge
Watson
White
Haddin (wk)
Noffke
Gillespie
Bollinger
Tait
Heal

Assuming, Australia's full strength ODI squad when all fit would be: Hayden, Gilchrist, Ponting, Clarke, Symonds, Hussey, Watson, Lee, Hogg, Bracken, Johnson, Clark, Haddin, Hodge, Hilfenhaus

I would pick the following squad of 15 to replace them.

Maher
Ronchi (wk)
Dighton
Katich (c)
White
Simpson
Hopes
Noffke
Hauritz
Gillespie
Tait
Bollinger