• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worth Keeping Old Bat

futureyesterday

Cricket Spectator
Hey all, I've got an old bat (from around 1998/1999) that was top of the line back in the day - a G&M Purist Premier - bought for around $400 aussie dollars, english made.

I have no experience since then in buying equipment or playing (just watching now!).

Is it worth holding on to for when my son fits it in 5-10 years time, or can I get a better bat for cheap these days? I'm guessing bats are now lighter, but otherwise I don't know much about them.

Attachments

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Don't know. Bats aren't really lighter nowadays; they are larger in volume. Though there have recently appeared some lightened models (2lb 5 to 2lb 7). As someone whose batting is fairly inept, I suspect the larger middles on recent bats may help, particularly this sort of thing acts like an arms race.