• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Umpiring decision

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was funny because as was conveniently left out from most of the discourse was that Broad hadnt even edged it straight to slip,
What conveniently conveniently gets left out of the discourse is that the vast majority of the deflection was off the bat and not the keeper's gloves. Had Haddin not been in the road I doubt it'd have gone any more than a foot further from Clarke.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
This was a Not Out from 1977. Not a famous one, but pretty poor. It's safe to say that Rod Marsh was not amused.

Rreminds me a bit of the Michael Holding kicking the stumps down incident in Dunedin.

Both poor decisions, but if have to try to explain how ump missed it then maybe both played late gloving it while passing almost behind part of their bodies from the umps view point.

Aritro

International Regular
I've just watched this match for the first time.

That umpiring decision (timestamped) to deny Danny Morrison the last Australian wicket might be the most disgraceful act of umpiring villainy I've ever seen. The record books ought to be retrospectively amended to reflect that NZ drew that series 1-1 and Border was still winless after eight series. No doubt a serious competitor and sportsman like him would have been embarrassed to secure a series in such circumstances. I'm embarrassed for him just watching it!

Spark

Global Moderator
What conveniently conveniently gets left out of the discourse is that the vast majority of the deflection was off the bat and not the keeper's gloves. Had Haddin not been in the road I doubt it'd have gone any more than a foot further from Clarke.
This is a total tangent but this + the recent Gilchrist discussion has made me realise that there are a whole stack of series since 2009 that Australia lost or drew that arguably could have been drawn or won respectively had there actually been competent high-quality keeping behind the stumps the whole time rather than what we've had to put up with since then.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Surely Ganguly given out "caught" Moin Khan after bouncing twice in that famous Chennai test of 1999 is in the running.