• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Umpiring decision

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
He's so stupid on this "no sympathy with batsmen who don't play a shot". Erm, the reason he left it was it wasn't hitting the stumps.

He'd probably do cartwheels to defend Kohli every time he gets out snicking one because he can't watch five balls go past him outside the off stump.
Ha, first one I thought of when seeing the thread. Was gobsmacked when I saw the decision on TV back in 1999 and am still amazed at it now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've seen worse. The outrage was over the point of impact but Tendulkar is a short man, squatting ass-to-grass. Still going over but not as scandalous as Indian fans made it out to be.
I think he's talking about the Bucknor one at Brisbane 04 tour

Definitely pretty bad, and much worse than the the McGrath one, but not sure i'd call it all time bad.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This mushtaq ball probably would've missed another full set of stumps easily. Some peak chappelli bull**** on commentary too
There was a time, up as far as the late nineties even, when the umpires (who otherwise were often quite reluctant to give anything but the plumbest decisions) would fire out batsmen when they padded up, even if it wasn't within a cooee of the stumps.

Starfighter

Not necessarily the worst
Wasn't the OP asking for the worst?

And langer vs Sri lanka. Weak appeal but gotta give those
Was watching the highlights for that match today. The worst decision in a match with quite a few bad ones, mainly dodgy lbws. Second worst was probably Katich being given out at bat paid with the bat nowhere near the ball.

Does anyone remember one, I thought it used to be on Robelinda's channel, where an Australian batsmen was given out for something for something when the ball missed both the bat and pad?

Starfighter

Also I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to find a recent enough Big Bash one that could top most of these.

TheJediBrah

Yup, the gilchrist one was pretty great

Most amazing part of that is how Gilchrist just walked right off with barely a complaint! 99% of batsmen would have gone nuts. Could you imagine Kohli or Ponting in that scenario? Gilly always was a bit of a beta ****

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
This mushtaq ball probably would've missed another full set of stumps easily. Some peak chappelli bull**** on commentary too

Ha ha, the absolute lengths that Chappelli and Tone were going to on commentary there to avoid calling that even a questionable decision (the furthest they went was "marginal"), let alone an all-time shocker.

OverratedSanity

It's so weird how this is the only bad umpiring decision in the last 30 years to be widely known as 'not walking'.

I mean, it would be weird if it weren't targeted, cynical whinging.
It was funny because as was conveniently left out from most of the discourse was that Broad hadnt even edged it straight to slip, it went via the keeper's gloves. Was especially lolworthy watching Clarke feign horror when a few years prior he'd actually done the thing everyone accused Broad of doing, the dude smashed Kumble straight to first slip and had the gall to stand and wait for the decision.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This. Langer c Jayawardane b Vaas. took a chip off the bat and a 15 degree deviation.