• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst bowler to average lower than 30? (qualification: 50 Test wickets)

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Or maybe it's someone who played in the 19th century. High 20s is pretty bad for that era. Ernie Jones? PEWS standardized average of 35. That's Prasad level.
Ernie Jones was pretty highly rated for his time; might have failed in Test relatively.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Doug Walters misses out by 1 wicket.... Not sure on who is the worst still though. Need to research a bit more.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Geoff Dymock? Took most of his wickets during the Packer era when sides were weakened and (in so far as recall) there were some low scoring matches.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Or maybe it's someone who played in the 19th century. High 20s is pretty bad for that era. Ernie Jones? PEWS standardized average of 35. That's Prasad level.
The highest average I could find for a purely 19th century bowler was George Giffen with 103 at 27.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Easy one.

Chris Woakes.

My work is done.
You are a disgrace to cricket and society in general. I'm not even giving you an angry emoji as that would add a point to your clearly arbitrarily gained reaction score. Woakes is quite clearly the best bowler to average less than 30 and I would expect the ultimate arbiter @Red_Ink_Squid to confirm this for me. :ph34r: