• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worldwide series

Shady Slim

International Coach
a comment by @SillyCowCorner1 about galle in the england vs sri lanka thread reminded me of a thread idea i came up with a whole ago for discussion but forgot to post up. say you have been put in charge of scheduling a worldwide five test series for the WTC final, rather than a one-off at lords. travel costs and logistics are put to one side, you get to pick five grounds in the world for the five test series. what do you pick?

i think i would go with the mcg -> dharamsala -> lord's -> galle -> newlands

in saying this

the mcg and lords are only there for historical reasons because the curators of late have prepped roady roads at both grounds. i think that radelaide and trent bridge make better cricket than either of them

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If I was a Luftwaffe operative back in 1939 I would have pushed thoroughly for Trent Bridge to be the first place bombed, but that is probably just me.

Dharamsala-Galle-Adelaide-Newlands-Lords would work well imo