• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Any WC Record be Broken in this Edition of the Tournament?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Highest Total: 417/6 by Australia in 2015
Lowest Total: 36 by Canada in 2003

Mitchell Starc needs 23 wickets to surpass Glenn McGrath's tally of 71 wickets

All others.

Molehill

International Captain
Worth noting that Starc took 27 wickets in 2019 so it's no forlorn hope.

But the 417 looks the most at risk.

I also looked up the highest individual score (I've mostly erased the 2015 World Cup from memory). It kind of seems wrong that a record that is probably going to last for decades belongs to Guptill!!

SillyCowCorner1

Record for the most sixes in WC history: 49 by CH Gayle

The player (current) closest to this record is (you guessed it) Rohit Sharma with 23 sixes.

I see Guptill has 24 of them

Socerer 01

International Captain
not so sure if 417 will be broken. Netherlands are the only team that it can be broken against and the only 2 teams capable of it are England and India

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
World Cup Record -almost one hundred percent -will get broken.

Sure you can choose my avatar if it doesn't happen and I get to choose yours if it does?

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't think teams matter against this England side if they are having an on day.

How on Earth are Australia ranked #1? I have not been impressed by them for a long time.

Molehill

International Captain
I don't think teams matter against this England side if they are having an on day.

How on Earth are Australia ranked #1? I have not been impressed by them for a long time.
Agreed on both fronts. 480 against Australia and 450 against Pakistan suggest no one is safe. If the openers get away for 20 overs then they can set it up for some serious carnage at the end.

I'm not convinced Australia make the semis. Batting is questionable and the lack of a decent second spinner a concern....could be reliant on seam attack.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Agreed on both fronts. 480 against Australia and 450 against Pakistan suggest no one is safe. If the openers get away for 20 overs then they can set it up for some serious carnage at the end.

I'm not convinced Australia make the semis. Batting is questionable and the lack of a decent second spinner a concern....could be reliant on seam attack.
bowlers they faced on those days

Australia

Stanlake
Jhye in his 3rd odi
Agar
Tye
Maxwell
Stoinis
Finch
Short

Pakistan

Amir
Hasan Ali
Wahab
Nawaz
Yasir Shah
Azhar Ali who went for 20 runs in 1 over
Malik who went for 44 runs in 2 overs

and both of those were in Trent Bridge which is a small ground on very flat pitches. none of the world cup teams will have a bowling attack as bad as either of those two barring maybe Netherlands and the ICC won’t make such flat pitches for the world cup

Molehill

International Captain
In 2011 England and India tied at about 338 if memory serves me correct. There's a chance for flat pitches and there's no doubt the current England batting line up is somewhat more aggressive than that team. I agree it's unlikely, but not impossible.

trundler

Agar is better than Moeen. England's spin bowling is the weakest of anyone that has a shot at the semis imo.

Max D

Cricket Spectator

How can their starting line up in the upcoming series leave out a player like Brook? Mind boggling.