• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Super Subs Failed?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket in this century, has had more modifications to it than more than any other major sport in the world.

DriveClub

International Regular
Cricket should have a squad of 15 with 4 available as subs and maybe a limit of 2 substitutions allowed during the game

Daemon

Bowl outs
Super overs
Pink ball/DN Tests
DRS
Concussion subs
No runners
Ball change in the 35th over
Two new balls
Demerit points
Fake fielding
Powerplays (multiple changes)
Boundary fielding laws
Mankad laws
Run out laws (grounding of the bat)

Tons more I’m missing out probably

cnerd123

likes this
Bowl outs
Super overs
Pink ball/DN Tests
DRS
Concussion subs
No runners
Ball change in the 35th over
Two new balls
Demerit points
Fake fielding
Powerplays (multiple changes)
Boundary fielding laws
Mankad laws
Run out laws (grounding of the bat)

Tons more I’m missing out probably
I think you've got most of them there. A few other somewhat significant changes to the game in recent times:

Duckworth-Lewis (introduced in 1997)
Chucking definition and testing procedures
Free Hits for No-Balls
Fielding restrictions (Bodyline, LO cricket)
Bouncer restrictions
'Dangerous Bowling' laws
Restrictions on bat dimensions
Zing bails
'Handling the Ball' being incorporated into the 'Obstructing the Field' dismissal

Actually anything to do with limited-overs cricket at all is pretty recent. It only came into existence in the 1960s. Coloured clothing, white balls, games under lights, etc.

Most of these recent changes only apply at the International level, but I'm sure that domestic/club cricket formats around the world have all undergone significant changes too. Their changes will be specific only to the local competition tho.

Don't know about football tho

Daemon

Yeah idk about Football but it seems the rules have changed to allow you a penalty/free kick when you pretend to fall over