• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's in you best after Bradman tier and in your top tier for bowlers

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Mine is

Batsmen

Bradman

Tendulkar
Sobers
Richards
Smith
Lara
Hobbs

Honorary mention
Gavaskar, Hutton, Hammond

Bowlers

Marshall
McGrath
Hadlee
Steyn
Ambrose

Warne
Muralitharan

Honorary mention
Imran, Garner, O'Reilly

Slifer

International Captain
I'll do ten for each:

Top batsmen :Smith, Sobers, Sachin, Hobbs
Then: Lara, Hutton, Sunil, Richards, Chappell, Hammond.

Top pacers: Hadlee, McGrath, Marshall
Then: Ambrose, Imran, Steyn, Donald, Wasim, Lillee, Trueman.

Top Spinners: Warne, Murali , Bill
Then: Laker, Lock, Verity , Ashwin, Tayfield, Deadly,

***Don't know what the hell Barnes bowled. If spin then same tier as the Murali.

**replace Lock with Grimmet

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll do ten for each:

Top batsmen :Smith, Sobers, Sachin, Hobbs
Then: Lara, Hutton, Sunil, Richards, Chappell, Hammond.

Top pacers: Hadlee, McGrath, Marshall
Then: Ambrose, Imran, Steyn, Donald, Wasim, Lillee, Trueman.

***Don't know what the hell Barnes bowled. If spin then same tier as the Murali.
What if pace?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'll do ten for each:

No Grimmett??

Lock is an interesting choice. Bullied a terrible NZ side which was Bangladesh early 2000 level. I don't know if he'd be one of England's top 10 spinners, let alone the world's.

Slifer

International Captain
No Grimmett??

Lock is an interesting choice. Bullied a terrible NZ side which was Bangladesh early 2000 level. I don't know if he'd be one of England's top 10 spinners, let alone the world's.
Crap forgot about Clarrie but looking at him and Lock, seems that both bullied the lesser teams and were found wanting vs the stronger teams. But the English lineups Grimmet faced were insane and his record vs them was middling not awful, so replace Lock with Clarie.

Crap forgot about Clarrie but looking at him and Lock, seems that both bullied the lesser teams and were found wanting vs the stronger teams. But the English lineups Grimmet faced were insane and his record vs them was middling not awful, so replace Lock with Clarie.
The South African batting Clarrie bowled to was brilliant as well Nourse,Mitchell, Rowan,Viljoen, Wk batsman in Cameron and 2 thirty odd averaging batsman. Not saying Clarrie didn’t cash in vs weaker line-up of WI but the SA team Clarrie got 44 wickets in SA was a solid batting line up.

Also gave Headley lots of troubles too.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
No Grimmett??

Plus you know, Lock was a chucker for about 2/3rds of his career (coincidentally the good 2/3rds).

Top class fielder though.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Batsmen

S. Smith
Sobers
Lara
Weekes

Bowlers (seam & spin)

McGrath
Murali
Steyn
Ambrose

Allrounders

Imran
Pollock
Hadlee
Miller

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Batsmen

Hobbs
Hammond
Tendulkar

Quicks

Marshall
McGrath
Hadlee
Ambrose

Spinners

Warne
Murali
O'Reilly

Allrounders

Imran
Sobers
Miller

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Batsmen

Hobbs
Hammond
Tendulkar

Quicks

Marshall
McGrath
Hadlee
Ambrose

Spinners

Warne
Murali
O'Reilly

Allrounders

Imran
Sobers
Miller
Love to see Hammond there, just curious wrt Sobers is he not part of the batsman list because he’s part of the AR list or you just don’t have him quite in that top tier?