• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be McGrath's 500th wicket?

Who will be McGrath's 500th wicket

• Andrew Strauss

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Marcus Trescothick

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • Michael Vaughan

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Graham Thorpe

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Kevin Pieterson

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Andrew Flintoff

• Geriant Jones

• Ashley Giles

• Matthew Hoggard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon Jones

• Steve Harmison

• James Anderson

• Robert Key

• Mark Butcher

• Total voters

shaka

International Regular
Trescothic didn't even get close to the ball that McGrath bowled him with, his bat was on off stump

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hardly, it's not a ball you often see him bowl.
The vintage McGrath is the pitch-just-short-of-length-on-off, move-away-3-inches, take-outside-edge, c Gilchrist (\Haddin).
Indeed, I can't ever remember seeing McGrath bowl such a stunning swinging Yorker, except for the one to Kallis at Adelaide 2001\02.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Ahhh... I love being right. :cool:
Well done mate. But why oh why did I pick Michael Vaughan a month ago??? :blink:

Congratulations must go Glenn McGrath though, true legend of the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On a slightly different note that's one of the best spells I've ever seen after tea on the first day.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
On a slightly different note that's one of the best spells I've ever seen after tea on the first day.
It was, indeed, quite phenomenal. On par with Ambrose and McGrath at the WACA, Warne at Brisbane and so on for me. One of the best.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I always thought Vaughn would be a candidate. He chops on a lot of the time, and with McGrath bowling with the slope going down from left to right, I belived it would increase the risk of him cutting too close to his body.