• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should play cricket?

psxpro

Banned
This is great

Here is what we have so far

1. The Rock
4. Mr Bean
7. Arnold ( allrounder)
8. Elton John (wk)- Best keeper in the world, not a great batsman, but can hit a few when needed.
9. Snoop Dogg (c) (leg Spinner)

Coach: Mr Popo.

Umpire: steve erkel

THe Team is balancing well.
10 and 11 are going to be fast bowlers, so lets put up the candidates, 2,3,5 and 6 are also yet to be filled as batsmen.
Arnond will offcourse be able to bowl fast being an allrounder so we have Arnold and numbers 10 and 11 as fast bowlers, and Snoop Doggy Dog will spin his magic.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I propose we put "Chucky" in at No. 5. Not the most gifted batsman, what he lacks in talent he makes up for in sheer grit and intimidation. Committed to never going out, he has only been dismissed three times out of his 89 completed innings. Though it's often been disputed that when your bails go flying off you should be out, for some reason, everytime that happens to Chucky the umpire hurriedly raises his arm for a noball and, once again, Chucky is given another chance.

The three umpires who have dismissed Chucky have mysteriously vanished.

psxpro

Banned
Brilliant, Even Australia will be intimidated by this team. I have got the no 3 reserved by the way, just wait till tommorow night, all other places are still up for selection.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahem.. psxpro.. I think we should discuss this team's selection behind closed doors. Have you acquired this "MSN" business yet?

psxpro

Banned
I have msn, yes, but our team is so damn good, the aussies can't beat us even if they know who is in.
Btw after the team is finalised, I'm gonna make a match with score card etc between this team vs australia, 3 match test series being played in aus.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I suggest one Chopper Read (in this case, played by Eric Bana) as a big hitting lower order batsman and fast bowler in the Merv Hughes style. He has been known to sledge excessively, and occasionally shoot people. His mental disintegration tactics will be vital to our chances of defeating the Australians.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not so sure about that move - as we already have Arnie performing that role (with the exception of Merv Hughes bowling). Plus, two madmen (in Chucky and Chopper) could cause disharmony... :-O

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
I'm not so sure about that move - as we already have Arnie performing that role (with the exception of Merv Hughes bowling). Plus, two madmen (in Chucky and Chopper) could cause disharmony... :-O
No, no. Arnie is an all-rounder, Chopper is just a bowler who can slog. Anyway, I think Chucky and Chopper will work well together. Think about it, Chucky uses knives, and the plastic bag over the face trick and so on - he is adept at murder despite his miniscule size. Chopper is just a thug with a gun sort of fellow. They will be a great team.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I nominate our No. 11 spot goes to Gil Grissom, the infinitely wise head of the Las Vegas crime lab. Using meticulous planning and sheer brain power, Gil has been described by many as "the greatest cricketing brain in history". With startling accuracy and a tendency to see the opposition land themselves a spot in the county jail, Gil has quickly climbed up the cricket rankings.

A tireless workhorse, Dr. Grissom's deceivingly large girth holds one of the most lethal bowlers in cricket. Opening the bowling, he is a force to be reckoned with.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Known for his pioneering influence on soul music in the 60s and 70s as well as his ability to steal quick singles and throw down the stumps from any distance, James Brown, though a veteran at 70, remains an expert in keeping the opposition on their toes. Compared at times to Jonty Rhodes and Michael Bevan, he is an expert fielder in the point position and a reliable middle to lower order batsman, particularly in the one day format.

He is also more than capable of inspiring the team with his funky dance moves when celebrating a run out or a catch.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The team so far, should all proposals be accepted:

1. The Rock
4. Mr Bean
5. Chucky The Murderous Doll
6. James Brown
7. Arnold Shwarzenegger
8. Elton John (wk)
9. Chopper Read
10. Snoop Dogg (c)
11. Gil Grissom

Coach: Mr Popo.

Umpire: steve erkel

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I would like to propose Stifler's Mom takes our No. 2 spot. With an unconventional stance at the crease, and an even more puzzling grasp of her bat (:naughty:) Stifler's mom's aggressive batting style is very difficult to combat. Indeed, imagine bowling out of the back of your opposite hand, off the end of a pier, in the middle of a cyclone, whilst on crutches, blindfolded and sedated, and you can imagine how difficult it truly is to bowl to this rising star.