• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is The Greatest West Indies Batsman of All Time

Who is The Greatest West Indies Batsman of All Time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
your face is overrated..
Nah correctly rated as a top 20 face but with nobody calling it top 5 for a tiny little 5 year period.

I assume this is a throwaway bait sorta thing cos he was everything
Bloke had one of the most amazing peaks yes, which I’ve acknowledged multiple times here, but he was a mediocre batsman (compared to other ATG’s) for most of his career.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel like Headley's reputation has slowly deteriorated on CW since this poll was made. I think he'd get a lot fewer votes if we started the poll from scratch.

ZK$

U19 Cricketer
I feel like Headley's reputation has slowly deteriorated on CW since this poll was made. I think he'd get a lot fewer votes if we started the poll from scratch.
This is from earlier this year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is from earlier this year.

12% down from 19%. A drop but not as much as I thought. Maybe I'm just projecting a bit - I voted for Headley on this poll but I'd have him 3rd or 4th now.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
12% down from 19%. A drop but not as much as I thought. Maybe I'm just projecting a bit - I voted for Headley on this poll but I'd have him 3rd or 4th now.
Yeah I’d probably have him 3rd, really unfortunate he didn’t play more due to his circumstances. Absolutely dominated in the time he managed to play though.

ataraxia

International Coach
Yeah I’d probably have him 3rd, really unfortunate he didn’t play more due to his circumstances. Absolutely dominated in the time he managed to play though.
So, Viv > Sobers > Headley > Lara for you, or swap Lara for Sobers?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cute, clearly Sobers, Lara, Headley, Viv.
I actually find it hard to split Viv and Headley tbh. Would probably go for Headley but only marginally, they're in a similar grouping in my mind, and I'm hardcore anti-Viv by CW standards.

BazBall21

International Regular
Possibly the most significant cultural icon of the four, but a short Test career is being seen increasingly as an inescapable caveat. Graeme Pollock's stock has probably fallen on CW too.

BazBall21

International Regular
The Black Bradman has always made my top 20-25 cricketers of all time. Run machine and had a lot of cultural impact on top of that. But I can understand a fellow immortal batsman being objectively ranked ahead of him on virtue of a longer career.

Other guys who tend to get placed highly in these lists for contribution to the game:

Grace
Spofforth
Trumper
Ranji
Constantine
Worrell
Gilchrist

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually find it hard to split Viv and Headley tbh. Would probably go for Headley but only marginally, they're in a similar grouping in my mind, and I'm hardcore anti-Viv by CW standards.
Oh me saying clearly is just an exaggeration in response to ataraxia. Its hard to seperate all these great batsmen tbh and yeah, Headley and Viv would definitely be very close for me.

BazBall21

International Regular
Sobers is the best WI bat imo. Weekes rounds off the top 5. I tend to go Viv 2nd, Lara/Headley hard to separate.