• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the better test batsman Sunil Gavaskar or Sachin Tendulkar ?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tendulkar has done enough by now to go past gavaskar as the greatest batsman india has produced with dravid coming in third...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A better example would be Michael Hussey, for mine. Steve Waugh actually did have quite a lot of natural talent. He didn't so much work on his game as he did re-invent it entirely (although his style in ODI's didn't change as much, IIRC). I feel that 'working on' your game relates to enhancing your current style of play, which Hussey had undoubtedly done over the years (both as an opener and as a middle-order batsman).
AWTA. I distinctly remember when Mike Hussey was at the academy, mention was made of his lack of shots and that he had more of a future as a defensive opening batsman. Contrast that with the ideal one-day finisher who can hit the gaps and slam the ball miles we see today.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
AWTA. I distinctly remember when Mike Hussey was at the academy, mention was made of his lack of shots and that he had more of a future as a defensive opening batsman. Contrast that with the ideal one-day finisher who can hit the gaps and slam the ball miles we see today.
Haven't seen much of Sunny so hate to compare but it is a mighty tough ask for anyone to be a better batsman than Sachin.