• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team has the worst bowling attack among the top8?

Which Team has the worst bowling attack in the World Cup

• Australia

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • England

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • West Indies

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is my reply.

If this is the best form Munaf and Zaheer have to show then I'm afraid that India has to pack their bags and leave after the second round. It took a Nehra bowling out of his skin to get them thru to the latter rounds in the previous world-cup. Lets see what Zaheer does this time when he is thrashed by the likes of Ponting and Co.
Still don't see how we have the worst bowling attack 8-). Anyways, we'll see, only time will tell... Expect me to quote this later on.

India may have Bhajji & Kumble but can only play one of them, so you only get to choose one.

I did not forget about Agarkar, but I doubt if he is going to be used for anything else besides net practise and probably play the odd minnows game so that an injured Zaheer/Pathan/Patel could have a day off..
Are you kidding me! Agarkar only used for net practice and against the minnows! Dude you either are drunk or don't know much about Indian cricket. When Agarkar is used, which he will be in almost every game I gaurantee you, expect me to quote you on this.

The ODI series in WI that you mention was lost by India 1-4. Do you still want to talk about it?
I am not talking about the result, I am just talking about how Agarkar performed in that series. 8-)

Go cough some more and clear out your throat for your next reply.
Dawg honestly, your replies don't have much logic behind them. And plus, forget SL and WI, Pak is far worse without Shoaib and Asif, I think the poll clarifies that as well.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Still don't see how we have the worst bowling attack 8-). Anyways, we'll see, only time will tell... Expect me to quote this later on.
And expect me to remind you when they do get taken apart by quality opposition. Only their batting saves the day on most occasions.

When Agarkar is used, which he will be in almost every game I gaurantee you, expect me to quote you on this.
and expect me to remind you on every 4/6 hit off his bowling.

I am not talking about the result, I am just talking about how Agarkar performed in that series. 8-)
yes shy away from tough questions, why dont you? India took 28 wickets in 5 matches, If you can't dismiss your opposition once in 5 matches then you don't have a bowling attack to speak of do you?

Dawg honestly, your replies don't have much logic behind them.
Dawg its you who's judgment is being clouded by emotion, while I have mentioned facts and past records.

Mind you, this discussion is not about India winning, its about their bowling attack.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Here is my reply.

If this is the best form Munaf and Zaheer have to show then I'm afraid that India has to pack their bags and leave after the second round. It took a Nehra bowling out of his skin to get them thru to the latter rounds in the previous world-cup. Lets see what Zaheer does this time when he is thrashed by the likes of Ponting and Co.

India may have Bhajji & Kumble but can only play one of them, so you only get to choose one.

I did not forget about Agarkar, but I doubt if he is going to be used for anything else besides net practise and probably play the odd minnows game so that an injured Zaheer/Pathan/Patel could have a day off.

The ODI series in WI that you mention was lost by India 1-4. Do you still want to talk about it?

Why on earth would India leave AA on the bench when he has one of the best records in the West Indies of any bowlers at this tournament ?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Omg, we really need to stop discussing this cuz' I still don't see how we have the WORST bowling attack out of the top 8 teams! :wacko: You haven't proved it yet.

Btw, isn't a 4/6 hit off every bowler 8-) . Why don't you remind me when other attacks get destroyed by quality oppositions as well 8-).

And plus this team is very different from the one who toured WI last year.

I am not saying our bowling attack is anythign special, but it certainly isn't the worst one. In the end, you keep failing to prove how we are the worst bowling attack FFS!

Bring some facts forward, compare us to the other bowling attacks in the world cup, prove your argument. Don't just say, "Your bowling is crap and you will get destroyed by quality opposition".

I will only continue to discuss this if you bring forward some facts that prove we have the worst bowling attack out of the top 8 teams.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
And expect me to remind you when they do get taken apart by quality opposition. Only their batting saves the day on most occasions.

and expect me to remind you on every 4/6 hit off his bowling.

yes shy away from tough questions, why dont you? India took 28 wickets in 5 matches, If you can't dismiss your opposition once in 5 matches then you don't have a bowling attack to speak of do you?

Dawg its you who's judgment is being clouded by emotion, while I have mentioned facts and past records.

Mind you, this discussion is not about India winning, its about their bowling attack.
Here is my reply.

I did not forget about Agarkar, but I doubt if he is going to be used for anything else besides net practise and probably play the odd minnows game so that an injured Zaheer/Pathan/Patel could have a day off.

I'd say India got into the final last time on the back of solid performances from Srinath , Zaheer and Nehra not just the latter.

ALso, why wouldn't they play Kumble and Harbhajan in tandem, if the pitches are going to turn seems like a more than viable option to me....

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Why on earth would India leave AA on the bench when he has one of the best records in the West Indies of any bowlers at this tournament ?
Exactly what I've been trying to tell this guy. :wacko:
The reason why he had the most wickets was because none of the other bowlers played all the matches.

The reason why he wont be picked for matches now is because the WI series was lost 1-4, and to have the best result in a lost series counts for nothing.

Secondly that was more than a year ago, what counts now is current form and India have not played him in the recent ODI's that they have played(unless someone was injured).

Thirdly his pace is such that if there is no assistance from the pitch, he can be easily hit.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I'd say India got into the final last time on the back of solid performances from Srinath , Zaheer and Nehra not just the latter.

ALso, why wouldn't they play Kumble and Harbhajan in tandem, if the pitches are going to turn seems like a more than viable option to me.
In the matches that counted, it was Nehra.

And as I have mentioned earlier, they wont play Kumble and Bhajji in tandem as it weakens their batting. Do read my posts.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The reason why he had the most wickets was because none of the other bowlers played all the matches.

The reason why he wont be picked for matches now is because the WI series was lost 1-4, and to have the best result in a lost series counts for nothing.

Secondly that was more than a year ago, what counts now is current form and India have not played him in the recent ODI's that they have played(unless someone was injured).

Thirdly his pace is such that if there is no assistance from the pitch, he can be easily hit.
Okay dawg, he is easily the fastest bowler in the Indian side. He clocks it up at 140 kph most times, while Sree is around high 130s. And just because India lost the series, he won't be picked? :wacko:

:laugh: Man honestly I'd like you to talk with me after this WC and we'll see how many games he ends up playing. Atm, neither Pathan nor Sree are better than him in anyway.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
]Okay dawg, he is easily the fastest bowler in the Indian side. He clocks it up at 140 kph most times, while Sree is around high 130s. And just because India lost the series, he won't be picked?

Man honestly I'd like you to talk with me after this WC and we'll see how many games he ends up playing. Atm, neither Pathan nor Sree are better than him in anyways.

None of the current Indian bowlers are clocking 140 as demonstrated in the warm up matches, and that includes Munaf. I wonder why?

The only reason why Agarkar still hangs around the Indian lineup is due to his alleged batting abilities.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant

It couldn't possibly be because he bowled well, could it now ? 8-)

I guess Shane Warne should have been axed from the team after the 2005 Ashes....after all his team lost even though he took 30 odd wickets.

In last ODI he played in Vizag (which was the last ODI played incidentally), he was generating speeds in excess of 140 km/hr....what more pace do you need ?

My dear sir, your argument, to put it mildly, is full of holes....

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
SirDJ honestly just give it a rest mate. Everything you've said has been countered. Talk to us after the world cup. And do watch a bit of Indian cricket if you can especially when Agarkar is bowling.

P.S. I can't believe I just said mate :blink:, man to much CW for me.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
]Okay dawg, he is easily the fastest bowler in the Indian side. He clocks it up at 140 kph most times, while Sree is around high 130s. And just because India lost the series, he won't be picked?

Man honestly I'd like you to talk with me after this WC and we'll see how many games he ends up playing. Atm, neither Pathan nor Sree are better than him in anyways.

None of the current Indian bowlers are clocking 140 as demonstrated in the warm up matches, and that includes Munaf. I wonder why?

The only reason why Agarkar still hangs around the Indian lineup is due to his alleged batting abilities.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant

Who honestly gives a fig over warmup games ? Players play well within themselves in these games......In the last ODI they played, both Khan and AA clocked several ddeliveries in excess of 140 km'hr.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Wow, just wow, at your assessment. Man I don't know how to respond to a post like this :blink:. I mean first of all, Agarkar wasn't playing in the last match and hadn't played for quite a while, therefore he was just warming up. And he was able to get the job done without clocking it over 140 kph.

And no he isn't in the Indian side only because of his batting abilities. He has done a lot with the ball recently and has been a great asset to this Indian ODI team.

Man I wish adharcric/Dasa/Jono or any other Indian poster were here, they would give you some really great responses because i certainly can't be bothered to respond to stuff like this.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
It couldn't possibly be because he bowled well, could it now ? 8-)
What are you talking about? his selection in the squad?? if yes then that is because he is amongst the top 5/6 medium pace bowlers in India currently......also he has alleged batting abilities.

I guess Shane Warne should have been axed from the team after the 2005 Ashes....after all his team lost even though he took 30 odd wickets.
Warne took 30 wickets, Agarkar took 9..........do you think there is a comparison in talents?? Are you trying to imply that Agarkar has talents to match a bowler that Bradman claims was the best bowler he had ever seen?? Besides the lost series there is the odd pedigree to consider as well isn't it?

My dear sir, your argument, to put it mildly, is full of holes....
To put it mildly you have deviated from the main discussion which is about the Indian attack as a whole and not Agarkar in particular, although I have no issues discussing him.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Who honestly gives a fig over warmup games ? Players play well within themselves in these games......In the last ODI they played, both Khan and AA clocked several ddeliveries in excess of 140 km'hr.
yes why let facts get into the way of your arguement?

or could it just be that the speed guns back in Vizag were not calibrated properly??

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Wow, just wow, at your assessment. Man I don't know how to respond to a post like this :blink:. I mean first of all, Agarkar wasn't playing in the last match and hadn't played for quite a while, therefore he was just warming up. And he was able to get the job done without clocking it over 140 kph.

And no he isn't in the Indian side only because of his batting abilities. He has done a lot with the ball recently and has been a great asset to this Indian ODI team.

Man I wish adharcric/Dasa/Jono or any other Indian poster were here, they would give you some really great responses because i certainly can't be bothered to respond to stuff like this.
So is that what your usual plan of action is?? to overwhelm someone with opposing views??

If you cant bother to state facts..........then dont..............no one forces your finger to click submit you know.