• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is the fourth greatest test team of all-time?

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
I'd probably favour some degree of longevity - England 2009-11 had a pretty high peak but faded quite quickly thereafter so I wouldn't rank them that highly in comparison to others.

I guess in my time watching the game the South African side that emerged after the Aussies began their slide c2008 and remained strong until about 2015 would rank pretty highly. It has a couple of holes - second opener, spinner, but the side was packed with players of very high to ATG standard.

A bit before my time but where would the Pakistan side of IK in the late 80s/early 90s sit? The only one to really challenge the Windies in that period.
Won in Ind and Eng as well. However were they as dominant at home?