• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which first over of the series was worse for England. Harmison or Flintoff?

Who bowled the worst over to start the series for England?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison easily. The tests mattered infinitely more than the ODIs and that set the tone for a series full of tripe from Harmy.
I'd argue that the first time he picked-up a cricket-ball did such a thing, not that wide.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I didn't see this poll as being about the qualities of either bowler, but about their first overs' impact on the respective series.
Oh, I don't disagree.

What I was saying was that England supporters were mistaken if they believed they had much chance in the Tests. The result of Harmison's delivery was: chances=roughly-0 to chances=roughly-0, exactly the same as Flintoff's.