• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which combination will give better output to a Team?

Select the combination which will contribute more to victory

• Total voters

Gob

International Coach
Well you dont want two all rounders. Unless you dont have 3 fast bowlers better than Cairns (i assume here that Kapil is the superior all rounder), Kapil + Cairns doesnt make much sense. I mean id take one with Kallis anyway because you can build a batting line up around him.

Anyway the rest of the line up is also very important. For an example if you are the mid/late 00s Sri Lanka with Dilshan, Sangakkara, Mahela, SummerV, mathews etc plus no fast bowlers, id go for the first option

sunilz

International Regular
Well you dont want two all rounders. Unless you dont have 3 fast bowlers better than Cairns (i assume here that Kapil is the superior all rounder), Kapil + Cairns doesnt make much sense. I mean id take one with Kallis anyway because you can build a batting line up around him.

Anyway the rest of the line up is also very important. For an example if you are the mid/late 00s Sri Lanka with Dilshan, Sangakkara, Mahela, SummerV, mathews etc plus no fast bowlers, id go for the first option
If today you have to pick an Australian team , which combination will you prefer
Starc + Green or Kapil + Cairns.

Gob

International Coach
If today you have to pick an Australian team , which combination will you prefer
Starc + Green or Kapil + Cairns.
Well Green is unproven as a test player despite all the potential and i personally prefer Neser or Pattinson over Starc these days anyway so its the second option where id take Kapil as a genuine bowling option. Put Cummins there over Starc and then it gets interesting

Flem274*

123/5
Who are the other 9 players?

My eyes lit up when you offered me the absolute h4x lower middle order of Kapil and Cairns coupled with one of them being 5th bowler, whereas Kallis and Hoggard is a downgrade on the combination South Africa got in real life, and that combination wasn't always enough to cover the couple of total spuds South Africa always seemed to have clinging to the side.

I want Kallis so for current NZ I'll put him in for CdG, adjust batting order accordingly and Hoggard can carry drinks.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the team's batting is good and the bowling is bad, the first option and vice versa.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's Kallis and Hoggard and it isn't something that requires much more thought than that