• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where to now for Pakistani cricket?

Flem274*

123/5
Pretty easy to be smug about it when it doesn't affect you.

What disturbs me is that the outsiders put India and Pak on the same moral ground and think they're both equally culpable in the unrest, when it's clear to anyone with just a bit of study that one party is clearly the perpetrator.

Nobody put Germany and Japan on the same level as Britain and the US in WWII. Likewise with Iraq and Kuwait. But when it comes to India and Pak, because of the steady stream of lies and misinformation from Pakistan, both countries are somehow thought of as bickering siblings equally to blame for the problems in South Asia.
don;t start that here, go to OT at least...

haroon510

International 12th Man
Nah i think most of us do actually have opinions on the issue as opposed to smugly assuming they're both the same. It's just that we haven't any great wish to discuss them in detail on a cricket forum.
i couldn't agree more...

i just want to appologize here for getting carried away with politics in the other topic because of these two ..

i promise it won't happen again..lol

jeevan

International 12th Man
Does anyone else not get tired of the constant India/Pakistan crapfest here? Poster A will dig up a random press/tv statement and proclaim “look, this is how all the people of Pakistan must think, how moronic they must be”. Poster B will then come up and say “I can dig up similar moronic statements from India blah blah blah”. And then we go in circles. I know that after vigorously debating the India/Pakistan dynamic, I’m certainly tired of it now. Oh well, I guess those that aren’t will enthusiastically continue the bash-fest.
Yes, this type of tit-for-tat is quite silly. Especially given that these are not two comparable countries at the moment and for the forseeable future, it is unhealthy for either one to live in the hyphenated "equal-equal" past.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Effectively, now a triple strike against Pakistani cricket from the actions of the conglomeration of Islamic terrorist groups.

1. Lashkar-e-Toiba's Mumbai attack results in the cancellation of Indian cricket team tour.

2. Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (allegedly, per Pakistani sources) leads an attack on the SL team in Lahore.

3. Pakistani ODI tour to Bangladesh is put off after the Jamatul Mujahideen Bangladesh instigates a murderous paramilitary rampage there.

JMB like LeT and LeJ has received nurture from the ISI and has links to Al Qaeda - so is part of that network. ( Thankfully this BD govt appears to be in control, motivated and prepared to use it's political capital against both the Islamists and the army).