• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When Sehwag and Ganguly was hitting out in the 03 WC final

Jumno

First Class Debutant
I remember Sehwag and Ganguly hitting and taking on the Aussie bowlers in the first 10 overs, stepping out of the crease.

It was very adventurous and absolute pleasure to watch.

It gave Indian fans some optimism and pure joy.

With the score at 58-1 at 9 overs.

I could only think back to the NatWest series final when these two were smashing England bowlers about in the first 15 overs. I was hoping it was a repeat. Maybe all Indiana fans were.

But boy oh boy, it was a joy to watch these two batsman hitting out in a WC final. Real audacity.

Did you feel that their would be some chance maybe it would be repeat of the NatWest series 2002 final with the score 58-1 after 9 overs? How did you feel at this situation.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Sehwag and Ganguly hitting and taking on the Aussie bowlers in the first 10 overs, stepping out of the crease.

It was very adventurous and absolute pleasure to watch.

It gave Indian fans some optimism and pure joy.

With the score at 58-1 at 9 overs.

I could only think back to the NatWest series final when these two were smashing England bowlers about in the first 15 overs. I was hoping it was a repeat. Maybe all Indiana fans were.

But boy oh boy, it was a joy to watch these two batsman hitting out in a WC final. Real audacity.

Did you feel that their would be some chance maybe it would be repeat of the NatWest series 2002 final with the score 58-1 after 9 overs? How did you feel at this situation.
I was asleep. I didn't watch any matches in the 2003 WC after NZ choked against Australia and India and missed the semifinals.

Victor Ian

International Coach

so, in summary...suffer in your jocks, India. They were never in the game. Fun fact - Martyn got to his 50 first and then Ricky went beast mode.

Jumno

First Class Debutant
Me and my brother were devastated at half way stage and I was about to switch off the TV. My father did not allow me, made us live through the pain and watch the match right till the end. He told us it was part of growing up.
You must have got excited when Ganguly, Sehwag was hitting about and Sehwag teeing off after.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
You must have got excited when Ganguly, Sehwag was hitting about and Sehwag teeing off after.
No. The writing was on the wall as people have already said here. There is a huge difference between Ganguly and Sehwag hitting out against average bowlers in Natwest final and against world class bowlers in a World Cup final.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I remember it being ****ing hot in India. I was at a wedding where they'd set up a screen to watch the game but after the Aus innings me and my cousin sought refuge in his car with chilled beer.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I want to use this instead of "don't judge a pitch until both sides have batted on it".
Yeah I think it's more accurate, because you actually don't actually have to wait until the end of the game to determine if it's over. Usually 10-15 overs of the second innings in an ODI (first 5 of a T20) you can tell if a bad first innings result from your team was them really ****ing up, or if the pitch really is way flatter or worse for batting than should reasonably be produced. You don't have any data to make a determination of that though until the second innings (i.e. Kallis's presumption that Australia were 15 runs short in "that" game ending up being luckily somewhat correct).