• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will Pat Cummins’ legacy be?

Gob

International Coach
Was he not playing 2019 too? Would have 2 if not for incompetent umpiring
haha completely forgot about ****ing up the ball change. To be fair to Joel though, he looked pretty concerned and undecided while going through different balls but Dharmablahblah came charging in and like whats in the box and then put his hand in to the box and randomly picked one without care in the world like an unsupervised child plucking an orange from the neighbours garden. Expired balls gate needs more discussions

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Expired balls gate needs more discussions
Agree weird how such a blunder literally decided the Ashes but gets less attention than the irrelevant, and rightful, Bairstow run out. Result of oblivious English media i guess

Gob

International Coach
Molehill probably the most deluded pommie diehard I've come across. Makes GIMH look reasonable by comparison
His vacations to Turkey usually collides with England losing. Might be looking at a pretty long one next month

Ali TT

International Debutant
Bizarre. This is the thread about the legacy of the current Australian captain, one very fine player, but got derailed because an Aussie poster decided to daftly and irrelevantly suggest Broad is better than Anderson through some silly analysis by checklist thing comparing them in Ashes only. Us England fans love both, and Broad was my favourite of the two, but no question who the better one is/was and that is Anderson.

Why not get back to talking about Cummins and save your whining about Anderson to when he retires in the next year or so with his insurmountable record of test wickets for a fast bowler?

Molehill

International Captain
His vacations to Turkey usually collides with England losing. Might be looking at a pretty long one next month
I've ****ed up this time - heading to Sri Lanka just after we get thrashed by India. Sadly, the only thing I'll miss is the start of the IPL!!

Molehill

International Captain
He doesn't see **** he is blind

And of course ben would say that. Why wouldn't he but the ball was tracking the original impact View attachment 38703
Have you also got a picture of the Leach referral....you know, just for comedy value?

Typical Aussies, always blaming umpires for their own shortcummins!!

Gob

International Coach
Bizarre. This is the thread about the legacy of the current Australian captain, one very fine player, but got derailed because an Aussie poster decided to daftly and irrelevantly suggest Broad is better than Anderson through some silly analysis by checklist thing comparing them in Ashes only. Us England fans love both, and Broad was my favourite of the two, but no question who the better one is/was and that is Anderson.

Why not get back to talking about Cummins and save your whining about Anderson to when he retires in the next year or so with his insurmountable record of test wickets for a fast bowler?
He is the international equivalent of darren stevens

Ali TT

International Debutant
"Player who has been extremely successful at international level over an unusually long period of time is the international equivalent of a domestic player who has been successful at domestic level for an unusually long period of time."

...I mean, sure?
Pah, his 80+mph dibbly dobblers would not enable him to make the step up to interplanetary cricket. At that pace he'd be annihilated in the reduced gravity conditions on Pluto and he'd get no swing on Martian dust bowls, so completely toothless.

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant
Wasn’t Andersons series in 10/11 against a batting lineup that was pretty out of form in conditions that were more bowler friendly than normal? That could explain why he hasn’t been able to replicate that on other tours

Socerer 01

International Captain
Wasn’t Andersons series in 10/11 against a batting lineup that was pretty out of form in conditions that were more bowler friendly than normal? That could explain why he hasn’t been able to replicate that on other tours
has more to do with his team becoming **** and his opposition team becoming stronger i would think

Gob

International Coach
Batting line up for the 4th test was

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Smith
Haddin

Future generations will look at that middle order and contemplate if it was the greatest middle order Australia ever fielded. In reality though, Hussey aside, they were terrible

TheJediBrah

Batting line up for the 4th test was

Watson
Hughes
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Smith
Haddin

Future generations will look at that middle order and contemplate if it was the greatest middle order Australia ever fielded. In reality though, Hussey aside, they were terrible
*Hussey and Haddin

They also dropped a gun in Katich for Hughes half way through the series, after having a few bad games

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny reading back through old threads here, pretty much every man and his dog wanted Hussey dropped pre 10/11 Ashes around the forum

Tbf, he had been some pretty **** form in the months before that, but with the benefit of hindsight I am really glad that did not end up happening

Spark

Global Moderator
Funny reading back through old threads here, pretty much every man and his dog wanted Hussey dropped pre 10/11 Ashes around the forum

Tbf, he had been some pretty **** form in the months before that, but with the benefit of hindsight I am really glad that did not end up happening
This was those years when CW was in its most "Shield form uber alles" mindset - that you can and should shuffle batsmen in and out of the side based on their recent Test and FC form regardless of how "good" you think they are. This led to like a half decade of fundamentally mediocre batsmen being selected and quickly discarded when their season or so of good Shield form didn't translate into anything meaningful at the higher level.

Spikey

IIRC they didn't drop Katich so much as his Achilles snapped in half or some other really bad injury and they never recalled him. Much to his displeasure.
yeah he suffered a serious injury and then, unsurprisingly after getting their butts kicked, Australia wanted to move on from one of their four 34yo + batters in their top 7. Couldn't drop Ponting. Hussey and Haddin were the only two to perform. Katich was already out of the team. He was the odd one out. the other option was to say to Hussey we don't trust your return to form but uh good thing they didn't do that