• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is fast bowling mostly about?

thierry henry

International Coach
im in two minds on what you need to have/do to get quick. adam milne was a very skinny and not notably tall (6 footish, th to comment?) 17 year old bowling 150kph in that old champions league thing and in some random t20s against pakistan, but then im pretty sure it has been said by aussies that ryan harris hit the gym pretty hard to go from medium pace to genuine pace.

so idk
Milne is fairly tall tbh, 6'2ish? Given his height, fast run up and athletic, explosive action he doesn't strike me as a "surprising" fast bowler.

Kirkut

International Regular
128km/ph?
Definitely. Bowling at 80 mph still requires lot of strength and that too maintaining it for long spells. And facing a ball at 75-80 mph is no joke either even for a club cricketer. If you can bowl at 85 mph, you're good enough to be considered for your country's cricket team.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I see your 1st point Kirkut. It's easy to say that 80mph is medium (or at a push medium-fast) pace but you don't get a true appreciation as to how quick that is on TV. It would probably intimidate 95% of cricketers
But pace alone won't necessarily mean that you graduate to higher honours.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There’s kids in Singapore pushing 128kph and probably thousands across the globe who do it too. Agreed that it’s a speed where I **** myself as a batsman though.