• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies 2005 Domestic Cricket

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To little hype, notice and with even less starpower, the 2005 Carib Beer Series in the West Indies has begun.

Two of the matches rained out, but Jamaica v. the Leewards got underway.

Round 1 Day 1

Mr Mxyzptlk

Last check Runako Morton and Sylvester Joseph got starts. They were both 30odd at lunch. However, a dramatic collapse saw 80/2 at lunch turn to 123/8 at tea from the reports I've heard.

Morton got 50 and Sylvester Joseph got 35 and (trying to make me look a fool :)) Jerome Taylor took 4/20!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Runs for Bernard jr., Pagon, Lambert and Deonarine. More wickets for Taylor (lol!). No wickets for Mohammed yet Steds. 0/17 off 14 or so overs though.

Days 2 and 3

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jamaica whip Leewards, T&T hang on against Guyana.

Notable after the first round...

Jerome Taylor 8/36 (5/22 and 3/14)!

Tamar Lambert 38 and 70
Dave Bernard jr. 26 and 76
Donavan Pagon 44 and 55
Sherwin Ganga 34
Daren Ganga 18
Dinesh Ramdin 15*
Runako Morton 50 and 15
Narsingh Deonarine 93
Carlton Baugh jr. 6 and 3
Sylvester Joseph 35 and 8
Omari Banks 0 and 0

Adam Sanford 5/100 (2/37 and 3/63)
Kyron Lynch 4/22
Damodar Daesrath 5/34
Dave Mohammed 21-7-37-0
Mahendra Nagamootoo 10-2-21-0
Omari Banks 4/135 (3/51 and 1/84)
Daren Powell 3/44 (1/19 and 2/25)

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
A bit of an anti-climactic start to the season due to the literally damp squibs in Trinidad and Barbados, but an extremely encouraging performance from Jerome Taylor.

Very uncharacteristic of me to be optimistic about anything, but the early signs are that it might not be misplaced optimism in Jerome's case. Still, a long way to go yet (aaah, pessimism feels much more natural).

I wonder whether this could finally be a breakthrough season for Deonarine. His name is often bandied around in West Indian circles as a potential international player (didn't he make a big ton against a touring side?), but he never seems to string a run of scores together in domestic cricket.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Some scores...

T&T 280 all out v Barbados
Tishan Maraj (watch out for this one) 99
Imran Jan 99

Corey Collymore 4/50
Jason Bennett (another to look out for) 2/38
Ryan Hurley 2/95
Dwayne Smith 2/6

Barbados 39/0 last check

---

Jamaica 244 all out v Windwards

Dave Bernard jr. 49
Tamar Lambert (talent) 39
Daren Powell 34*
Carlton Baugh jr. 25

Kenroy Peters (big talent) 3/31
Deighton Butley 2/34
Rawl Lewis 2/68

Windwards 32/4 last check
Daren Powell 2/some

Don't know if there was any play in the Leewards v Guyana game for the day.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Erm, 2 Tests actually, and he's bowled the same rubbish in both. That said, he bowled better to SA then he did to England.

Omari Banks to me looks the far better prospect.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tom Halsey said:
Erm, 2 Tests actually, and he's bowled the same rubbish in both. That said, he bowled better to SA then he did to England.

Omari Banks to me looks the far better prospect.
You're not one of those who judges players on two Tests in unhelpful conditions are you? And don't tell me any crap about Giles' bowling. Giles turns the ball the other way and thus had a lot of rough to use to his advantage. Neither Mohammed nor Banks could utilize the rough anywhere near that extent.

In SA he did not bowl rubbish. He was unlucky though. If you want rubbish, look at Mahenra Nagamootoo.

EDIT: Just to note your statement - "same rubbish in both" and "bowled beter to SA". Makes sense to me. :p

Tom Halsey

International Coach
:p

Trust me to stuff up. :D

Regarding Giles, he does not turn it the other way, he has the arm-ball. And why couldn't Mohammad use the rough against England then? They have a fair few lefties.