• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weird things that you have done when in good touch

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You do realise Dickie Bird was his name and not an invitation?
It was a female. She was the wife of the other umpire. The second umpire didn’t turn up so we had to improvise. She was a physical education teacher. Didn’t do cricket but knew enough from watching her husband to be able to do the job of Square Leg Umpire for the whole match. She took all the jokes about tickles to fine leg in good humour, but I didn’t get my date despite a match winning innings. Had it been more than 13 Not Out I think she would have crumbled.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Was the central umpire within earshot while you talked about tickling legs and asked her on a date?

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
The captain of our college team got bored and instead of bowling the ball he lobbed it as high into the air as he could. By some fluke it landed right on the stumps and there was a massive argument about whether it was out (this was before they changed the no-ball rule).

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The captain of our college team got bored and instead of bowling the ball he lobbed it as high into the air as he could. By some fluke it landed right on the stumps and there was a massive argument about whether it was out (this was before they changed the no-ball rule).
did it break the wicket? why argue if it wasn't a no ball?