• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

weird dismissals

Shounak

Banned
King_Ponting said:
After the ball had hit him about 10 seonds later he knocked the stumps down for no apparent reason. One wonders whether a certain bookmaker had waugh to "accidently" get out hit wicket.
Warney and M.Waugh.. Am I sensing some kind of pattern here?

Who knows?

It would be pretty interesting to speculate which moments of cricket history were fixed. I'm sure quite a few exist.

chalky

International Debutant
King_Ponting said:
After the ball had hit him about 10 seonds later he knocked the stumps down for no apparent reason. One wonders whether a certain bookmaker had waugh to "accidently" get out hit wicket.
My vague memories are, a bouncer from Pollock hit Waugh on the shoulder, then a few seconds later ihe knocks over the stumps. Didn't Waugh claim it was because his shoulder went numb? Also remember Greig & Lawrie really going at it the commentry box.

King_Ponting

International Regular
shounak said:
Warney and M.Waugh.. Am I sensing some kind of pattern here?

Who knows?

It would be pretty interesting to speculate which moments of cricket history were fixed. I'm sure quite a few exist.

Care to explain your speculation?

Shounak

Banned
King_Ponting said:
Care to explain your speculation?
Two players with open links to match fixers.

But it is just what you say it is, speculation.

Edit: Two players with financial ties to bookmakers. My bad.

Last edited:

King_Ponting

International Regular
shounak said:
Two players with open links to match fixers.

But it is just what you say it is, speculation.

Edit: Two players with financial ties to bookmakers. My bad.
Yeh that was what i was referring to with waugh and his "accidental" hit wicket

Craig

World Traveller
Here is the list of unusual Dismissals in Test cricket:

Handled the Ball
WR Endean 3 South Africa v England Cape Town 1956/57
AMJ Hilditch 29 Australia v Pakistan Perth 1978/79
Mohsin Khan 58 Pakistan v Australia Karachi 1982/83
DL Haynes 55 West Indies v India Mumbai 1983/84
GA Gooch 133 England v Australia Manchester 1993
SR Waugh 47 Australia v India Chennai 2000/01
MP Vaughan 64 England v India Bangalore 2001/02

Obstructing the Field
L Hutton 27 England v South Africa The Oval 1951

Retired Out
MS Atapattu 201 Sri Lanka v Bangladesh Colombo (SSC) 2001/02
DPMD Jayawardene 150 Sri Lanka v Bangladesh Colombo (SSC) 2001/02

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/BATTING/TRIVIA/UNUSUAL_DISMISSALS_IN_TESTS.html

And of course there have been the the famous 'Mankad' in 1948 and that has happened in ODIs IIRC.

Blaze

Banned
It was a not out yesterday but Dan Vettori played on to Heath Streak yesterday and the bail went up a couple of inches in the air before landing back on the stumps.

shaka

International Regular
I was amazed by that one (Vettori almost out). the thick part of the bail landed on the leg stump, and a little bit of the thin part of the bail stayed on middle stump, AMAZING!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hanuma said:
.what was he scared of, looking at brett lee's pasty scrunched up little ****ty face.
Hanuma said:
what would happen if you swung the bat really aggressively and hit an opposing fielder.

i so wanted to be harmison when warne was bowling so i could knock simon katich's face clean off.
you're one angry person.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
i got the worst lbw decision
i play on hardwicket
the bowler bowled the ball it hit the middle part of the pitch bounced twice the came up and hit the top of my hip it should have been a no ball but i was given lbw

cbuts

International Debutant
shaka said:
Adam Parore hit on helmet, he ducked down, helmet came off and hit the stumps (I think), that was quite a weird dismissal
weird cos it shouldnt of been out. he didnt duck, he jumped, he did tuck his neck into his body a bit. hit his helmet. quiet clearly it was overr shoulder hiehgt, and in thsoe days u couldnt bowl a bouncer