• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Steyn 'lucky' he got the no1 rank for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
I still reckon Steyn outclasses all these bowlers im gonna mention but just a food for thought for his 'undisputed' ranking in his era

• Mohammad Asif, banned for good
  • Shane Bond, injured
  • Mohammad Amir, banned and prime taken away
  • Ryan Harris, injured
  • Shoaib Akhtar, injured for most of his career post 2005
  • Duanne Oliver, Kolpak
  • Lasith Malinga, knee injury causing him to retire from long formats

Like literally all the best bowlers were gone and no wonder bowling looked so WEAK compared to the 90s. The best lots literally got wiped out in that era. Like my heart still pleads to say Steyn would've won more but i doubt he would've been 'undisputed' especially at the thought of a fully fit steaming injured-less Akhtar

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I had never really thought about it before, but the OP has made me realise how a lot of Steyn's peers were losers and cheats. Especially those match fixers Asif and Amir. Weak.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still reckon Steyn outclasses all these bowlers im gonna mention but just a food for thought for his 'undisputed' ranking in his era

• Shane Bond, injured
  • Ryan Harris, injured
  • Duanne Oliver, Kolpak

Like literally all the best bowlers were gone and no wonder bowling looked so WEAK compared to the 90s. The best lots literally got wiped out in that era. Like my heart still pleads to say Steyn would've won more but i doubt he would've been 'undisputed' especially at the thought of a fully fit steaming injured-less Akhtar
No.

Steyn was better than all of those guys. And my man love for Harris is unparalleled.

I mean the fact that you are saying that a 30+ average quick like Malinga would have threatened Steyn's dominance makes me think you're an AI that's been programmed to troll cricket forums rather than a fan of the game.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

• Shane Bond, injured
  • Ryan Harris, injured
  • Duanne Oliver, Kolpak

No. He was much better than those guys. Another big loss was Simon Jones. He was quality.

Gob

International Coach
Rana Naveed was the real deal. Guess I always had a thing for bald guys

Ymaxx what is your take on Rana the *** machine?

subshakerz

International Coach
Out of that list, Harris and Asif are the only ones who could have seriously contested him. Shoaib was finished by around 2007/8. Amir had great potential but there is no way we would have been that good. The rest werent that good.

Slifer

International Captain
No.

Steyn was better than all of those guys. And my man love for Harris is unparalleled.

I mean the fact that you are saying that a 30+ average quick like Malinga would have threatened Steyn's dominance makes me think you're an AI that's been programmed to troll cricket forums rather than a fan of the game.
?????

Status
Not open for further replies.