• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waitting List (MUST READ GB)

Rich2001

International Captain
GB - Great news mate I opened my Inbox just a min ago and guess what 13 new messages ALL from the sign up page from the website.

Here they are so you can respond to them

---------------------------------------------

Q1: What Is Your Name?
A1: Stephen Pearson

Q2: What Is Your Email Address?
A2: stephen_pearson@hotmail.com

Q3: Which Team Would You Like To Manage?
A3: VIC

Q4: What Would Your Second Choice Team Be?
A4: Monash

Q5: What Would Your Third Choice Team Be?
A5: Monash Gryphons

--------------------------------------------

A1: John Deckard

A2: deckard@swirve.com

A3: Victoria

A4: Dont really know many teams outside Aust so give me whatever team but
preferably an English county team

A5: Team from England, then South Africa or whatever no real preferences
besides NSW but thats taken

A1: Simon fitzsimmons

A2: dcoulthardf1@hotmail.com

A3: Queensland

A4: New South Wales

A5: Tasmania

A1: Leigh

A2: emailomatic@yahoo.com.au

A3: Australia

A4: Sri Lanka

A5: Pakistan
(don't think they checked the site!!!!)

A1: Derek Scoular

A2: derek.scoular@calanais.com

A3: Western Province (South Africa)

A4: Surrey (England)

A5: Somerset (England)

A1: Andrew Garven

A2: age_master2001@hotmail.com

A3: Kwazulu Natal - SA

A4: Colts - Sri Lanka

A5: Canterbury - NZ

Sorry mate some people sent more than 1, well one person 4 and another 2

Anyway not bad for just over 12 hours of being the website being open :D

[Edited on 7/16/02 by Rich2001]

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate that is excellent...

All the guys i had from my mates PBEM are there as well as a couple of others...

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
It looks like this thing could be bigger than Ben Hur with all the responses. One thing you'll need to consider though is how many teams before it gets too big. We don't want this to drain too much of your time.

We also shouldn't allow managers to manage more than one team otherwise match rigging may come into play (mainly if they're in the same division).

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i think the increase at the end of this season will be the max teams, if we keep adding then the squads wil lhave players scattered everywhere so it will make it difficult...
As for managing 2 teams this will not be allowed, i have already denied 1 manager this, so there is no concerns there...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
question blewy, what happens if u get a side in but some of thee players are allready committed to a county side or something like that.

e.g warne.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I have already discussed that with a few of the people and in the case of warne i was going to allow them to select a player who has not been used in a team...

I was going to raise that at the meeting, as well i will be introducing another Academy team if we decide to go ahead with the increase, with a couple of the academy stars returning to their original sides and being replaced with others...
But we will go through that at the meeting....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
nice rich .. thats some nice response from some heavy advertising from greg i gues :P

yea keep the thing small so its better and more fun

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Just say we have 4 new sides in for next season. How do they start out? For example everyone else will keep their best 10 and get the rest in the draft. Will the new managers be given their squad of 20, pick 10 and then go for the draft or have to stick with the original 20. If they are in the draft when do they get their pick.

Also I would recommend that the new sides come from outside of Australia as we already have 5 of the 6 sides. I see that a couple of the newcomers are interested in South African sides which is great. Sides from India, Pakistan, New Zealand and even the West Indies would give the comp a good international flavour. As it stands 13 out 16 teams are from England and Australia.

These are things would be discussed at the board meeting I guess.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah u are right Argonaut......

I would really like to bring in more international teams, as it stands at the moment we may have 1 SA side and 1 SL side, i will be trying my best to get teams from other countries...

As for the draft i will be discussing with the board when they will get there pick, it will most likely be tacked on the end after the Div 1 winners, in fairness to everyone already in the game....