• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vintage Cricket - Official Drafting Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Mark E. Waugh Australia

Bat: 41.82
Runs: 8029
100s: 20

Bowl: 41.17
W: 59
5W: 1

Ct: 181

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Better give this the old bumparoo. I'll get the web page updated at the end of the round.

NeilPickUp at the crease

Iamdavid in the pavilion

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
5.09 Sunil Manohar Gavaskar

Batting: 51.12
Runs: 10122
Centuries: 38

Bowling: 206.00
Wickets: 1
Catches: 108

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oops.

5.09 Graham Alan Gooch

Batting: 42.58
Runs: 8900
Centuries: 20

Bowling: 46.47
Wickets: 23
5wI: 0

Going down as a bowler in my side.

Last edited:

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
jamee999 said:
I wish i had found out about this earlier looks like fun
If you want to jump in and pick for SLATS4EVER for a week or two, your welcome. He's away for a while :)

Also, if you're interested in this type of fantasy play, post your email.

Jon

* Shame we don't have PM's ... although I understand the reason why we don't.

PY

International Coach
You can take over mine if you would like Mr Jamee999, I've got a busy time coming up and so won't be able to post within the 24 hour limit.

Hope I haven't given you too bad a start.

:saint:

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
PY said:
You can take over mine if you would like Mr Jamee999, I've got a busy time coming up and so won't be able to post within the 24 hour limit.

Prob'ly need to send him an email PY

iamdavid

International Debutant
5.10 Allan Anthony Donald

matches-72

batting average-10.69
runs-652
50's-0

bowling average-22.25
wickets-330
5wi-20

catches-18

I need some decent bowlers & he was the best available

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Age Master UP x2

I've updated the web page to include the selected players on a draft sheet. If you need to know who's been taken, and when, you can have a look here.

I'll update the teams and standings at the end of round 5. That way it'll be a little more representative ... everyone having made the same number of picks.

Vintage Cricket Web Page

Since we can't really contact Mr James, I've found a replacement for PY. If that's Ok with you. I assume his login will be GratefulCardinals (as always).

If Mr James returns, and is still interested in this kind of fantasy play, then he can email me at johnnya24@yahoo.co.uk

gratefulcardina

Cricket Spectator
hello to Vintage Cricket Draft

Thanks to Mr PY for letting me have his spot, and to the Commish for all his work.

Looks like a lot of fun (once I get me head around it)

Brian/gratefulcardinals

PY

International Coach
Tis ok, you've done me a favour.

The rules aren't that difficult to comprehend once you've been around for a while. :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:

OK Pete

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
jamee999 said:
James ... I found a replacement fro PY actually. Could you pick for Slat4Ever until he returns. If your really interested in this kind of league, I'm starting a real one after this using only contmporary player and future stats. If you're interested in this, email me at johnnya24@yahoo.co.uk

Best,

Jon

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
stats later - picks are Gary Kirsten and John Wright

didn't realise how few good south african and Kiwis there are, remembering thet RSA were out of test cricket for so long and wel after Hadlee NZ dont really have anyone at all :(

5.11 Gary Kirsten
Batting Average: 44.87
Runs: 6866
Hundreds: 19

Dismissals: 82

6.01 John Wright
Batting Average: 37.82
Runs: 5334
Hundreds: 12

Dismissals: 38

Last edited: