• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan: Fredalo ruined the world cup

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh, there's a good chance they may not even play together again because of injuries etc and even if they do, they just don't seem the type to have big egos and be part of dressing room factions etc. I don't see that being a problem. But the one thing that really annoys me is that in Australia, and I remember this quite clearly, Flintoff always went the extra mile to always defend his men. He never said a bad word about anyone, he was always defending Harmison, Giles, Jones, whoever. And he did it with full sincerity and wholeheartedly. And now this is what he gets in return.
Yeah. And people had the nerve to criticise him for it. It'd have been better to say "yeah, Geraint was crap, but Ready's the only one we've got to come in, so that's hardly helpful" would it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty optimistic afaics. Still, England's net sessions should be rather lively once Fred's back in action.
Apparently Flintoff peppered Vaughan with the short stuff in the Carribean after being stripped of the vice-captaincy, which was, from what I've heard, pretty much Vaughan's doing.

jammay123

State 12th Man
vaugn is an ass clown if it wasnt for freddy he wouldnt probably be sewen as this 'great' captain coz the aussis probably would have spanked us in 05.. plus in that article he says he wasnt even at his best in terms of captining so why in gods name was he still playing he was batting like monty and captining lie a mug

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vaugn is an ass clown if it wasnt for freddy he wouldnt probably be sewen as this 'great' captain coz the aussis probably would have spanked us in 05.. plus in that article he says he wasnt even at his best in terms of captining so why in gods name was he still playing he was batting like monty and captining lie a mug
He's a top captain, I don't think there is any doubt about his tactical ability. On this occasion he just let himself and his team down.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, Vaughan was acknowledged as a good captain before The Ashes 2005. But the more I think about it the more I think he's being very unfair to Flintoff here. And there's no doubt Flintoff has done one hell of a lot for him. If he'd wanted, he could've made things even more awkward for Vaughan during his time out, in fact you'd bet those who wanted to write Vaughan off would have been egging him on to do so.

jammay123

State 12th Man
matbe hes said this because in the winter in aus he wasnt allowed in the dressing room and was pissed bout it it might have been freds desicion to keep him and he wants to give a little pay back

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, what more (sorry about that) is there to report about that? :unsure: I've just put up a short thing saying Emburey and Ford are in the running.

Maybe I go this and you go Sneddon's comments on the WC? :p

EDIT: ah, I see the edit...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actually agree 100% with what he says there.

More importantly, though, are you doing the CW write-up of it or am I? :p
Don't you follow Yorkshire though?

Isn't it illegal or something for you to agree with the CEO of Lancashire? :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmmm, who was it that said that the English teammates would have been all tears of joy when Vaughan scored that ton last test?

Some how I get the feeling Freddie would be a bit more popular with most of the team than Vaughan. Poor play, don't air your dirty laundry in public. Such an experienced player, and captain, should know that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmmm, who was it that said that the English teammates would have been all tears of joy when Vaughan scored that ton last test?
Don't know, but if anyone thought there was any genuine displeasure I think they'd do well to watch Pietersen's reaction upon him reaching his century.