• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unethical Play

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
A few ago I played a team which consisted of several grade players - I( play seniors which is pretty much social cricket. One of the players was a former under 17 NSW keeper/btasman who should be playing 2nd grade for Bankstown.

You be the judge, but would it be against the spirit of the game for example, if the other batsman skied a ball, someone intentionally dropped it and ran out the better batsman?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Didn't someone ask this question just a week or two ago?

Nothing wrong with it AFAIC, but you deliberately drop a catch at great risk. Unless you can somehow be certain of the run-out, it's a terrible idea.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Thought of doing it before. Never did though. Can see oth sides against and for it. As for me, meh.....

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Real sorry about that. I know I made a similar post, but my computer clocked out after that and I never knew what happened after that.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No it wouldn't be unethical in my eyes. No difference to putting most fielders on the fence to the better batsman and wanting him to take a single, and then deciding to attack the tail ender on the other end.

bond21

Banned
unless you meant he played NSW U17s 60 years ago....then i dont see how you can run him out from a high catch.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
No, he played u/17 about 2 years ago and should be playing 1st or 2nd grade in the NSW domestic competition. He could probably still make it to NSW u/19 if age permits.

ttm

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sounds like you have a mole in the other team who will deliberately sky one and call for two. That is definitely unethical.