• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Under 17 Womens Football World Cup

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone at all interested? (Its being held in New Zealand, by the way)

Watched the opening game tonight and found the match very entertaining, particularly the second half which New Zealand completely dominated. 1-0 to Canada the final score though that doesn't really reflect the game, second half especially. Crowd of 13,000 at North Harbour Stadium which was great - North Harbour probably had that many turn up over the entire Air New Zealand Cup season.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watched some of that game, it was pretty good but the result was disappointing considering how well NZ played.

Apparently hundreds of school kids will get into games free over the next few days, which I think is a great idea to boost the crowds a bit.

Hope it's a successful tournament - if it is it could help our chances of getting in with an Australian bid for the World Cup and hosting a few pool games.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched some of that game, it was pretty good but the result was disappointing considering how well NZ played.

Apparently hundreds of school kids will get into games free over the next few days, which I think is a great idea to boost the crowds a bit.

Hope it's a successful tournament - if it is it could help our chances of getting in with an Australian bid for the World Cup and hosting a few pool games.
Yeh fair point, converting opportunties was a disappointment but it was nice to see a New Zealand football side dominating, and one that we weren't necessarily expecting to do quite so well.

And apparently theres 6,000 kids coming to watch the game in Wellington tomorrow for a start.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, sounds fantastic...

:huh:
Of course, you're watching that closely contested rugby league world cup in your country at the moment, I shouldn't have started this thread and we should all be discussing that. (I think you're from Australia, correct me if I'm wrong)
the what? seems as though they need to work on their promotion.
Promotions been great in New Zealand, seems to have gone a bit under the radar elsewhere though.

99*

International Debutant
Was screaming at the tv near the end, so close to scoring with the final touch.

That Campbell (the one taking the corners) has a bloody big boot on her, I don't remember any corners falling near the goal.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I didn't know it was on either - though Norway failed to qualify in rather embarrassing fashion, which would explain it.

Will cheer mildly for the Africans. NZ hoping to host the full Women's World Cup any time? Would be a decent candidate imo.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Of course, you're watching that closely contested rugby league world cup in your country at the moment, I shouldn't have started this thread and we should all be discussing that. (I think you're from Australia, correct me if I'm wrong)

Promotions been great in New Zealand, seems to have gone a bit under the radar elsewhere though.
Yeah, but I'm a Victorian, so I wouldn't change the channel to watch league - I'd probably change the channel to avoid watching it.

Just saying that a tournament consisting of school girls playing soccer would not be high on my list of interesting sporting events to watch. Given top-flight netball and the proper national teams women's soccer has difficulty in getting telecast or decent crowds along, I'm surprised that anyone is taking an interest in this event.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There's no woosh there, you're just trying to be your usual quirky self. Which, to be franky, isn't that quirky at all.