• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpire hit

Hodgey

Cricket Spectator
Did anyone say umpire Venkat get hit by ponting on the 4th fay of the first test between aus and S.A?
That would of hurt.

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah...he tried to jump over a ball that would have been a metre and a half off the ground!

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
What was more interesting was ponting tried to apologise !! I remember ponting mouthing a few words to srinath when a unintented beamer hit him and srinath tried to apologise !!

[Edited on 12/18/01 by Sriram k]

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Venkat was more concerned by the fact he stopped Ponting getting a certain 4 than about him getting injuried!! :laugh:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yup keep posting and do stick around

the topics are funny :P and need some peoples different views :P

Oh by the way call me Reuben by my Real name :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, we can only have the same argument so many times before it gets retentive... :D

And Reuben - what have you been doing over the past week to get you post count to 400?!