• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two Sabinas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblackford81157

Cricket Spectator
:cool: Two Sabinas.

Sabina Park, the home of cricket in Kingston Jamaica presented the West Indies with one of its most memorable victories in Test Cricket, the win against the MCC touring side in April 1935 whic handed the Caribbean team its first series victory in Test match cricket. Most notably, this game recorded the sport's first triple century courtesy of the MCC's Andy Sandham who pummelled the West Indian bowlers for 325 and almost batted the Englishmen ito a winning position. Thanks however to a magnificent 270 by the great George Headley, the West Indians won the test match and celebrated their first Series victory at Test cricket.
These pointers are significant, as on my visit to Barbados to see the World Cup Final on April 28, 2007, I could not help but notice the splendour of the rebuilt Kensington Oval nor was I in doubt as to the Barbadians plans for the structure now that the World Cup is over.
There are plans which were built into the development for a Cricket Museum, Gift Shops, Themed Restaurants, and a gymnasium. The ground will be the epicentre of cricket activities on the island and will be a true showpiece where the contributions of the islands cricketing stalwarts will be immortalized.
The developers of Sabina Park, and the current custodians need to take note. Sabina Park is a beacon ground in the cricketing world. We need to ensure that the ground's legacy is properly marketed and its significance maintained.
On a personal note I have done two different paintings of Sabina Park:
The first shows the ground prior to development in 2004. The second shows the towering North Stand which is the centre piece of the new development.
Both paintings can be viewed on my websites: .............

Get authentic numbered and signed(by the artist) prints of these famous collectors paintings. Only 250 copies of both paintings are available at an unbelievably affordable price of US$10.00 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.