• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two high profile Black Caps to quit NZ Cricket

Craig

World Traveller
If Astle plays then I would loose all the respect I have for him. I thought he left because he no longer had desire to play the game, by joining this league it shows he retired because he no had lost confidence in his abilities and was fearing that soon he would be shown the door.
And how is getting out before getting the axe is a bad thing?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In a shock announcement, Heath Davis today stated that the Indian Cricket League had not attempted to obtain his signature.

:cry:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hahaha.

Hypothetically, if you were approached for some legends cricket match (I stress hypothetically) would you play?

HeathDavisSpeed

Hypothetically, I might hypothetically consider hypothetically taking part in a hypothetical legends match. In this hypothetical world, I would guess Heath is a hypothetical legend?

Xuhaib

International Coach
And how is getting out before getting the axe is a bad thing?
He left the team at time when they needed him it wasn't like he was about to be dropped with WC round the corner. I guess he should have realised his experience would have helped the Kiwis but he retired due to his loss in passion for the game, then he suddenly makes a turnaround and decides to make a comeback to int cricket in a Mickey mouse league.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe he thought his poor form was hindering the team and it was best for all parties for him to depart? I mean, Vincent actually did a pretty decent job when brought in, even if it doesn't last.

I'm with Perm in that if it's 2 retired players there's no real issue. What would've seriously annoyed me is if it was 2 people turning their back on real international cricket for some meaningless TV-station-organised rubbish.

Craig

World Traveller
I thought Cairns was out of cricket although. But if the US dollar and lot of it then I suppose he couldn't say no. Chris Harris I wouldn't have a problem with.

pup11

International Coach
I won't really be suprised if Chris and Nathan agree to play in this dire league because the amount of money that they would be offered would be really tempting and i don't think they would bad able to resist the temptation. Anyways i don't think i would lose any respect for either Astle or Cairns because they have already retired from international cricket and they have every right to make some easy money through such a mickey-mouse legaue, its cheap players like H.Marshall that i have no respect for who decline a national contract to play in the English county just because he would make 3 times more money playing in county cricket when compared to the money he would get playing for New Zealand.

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Fiery, just to say I love your avatar mate. :thumbup:. Dion Nash was one of my favourite cricketers of all-time.
Thanks mate. He was actually billeted with me in an under 16 tournament many moons ago so spent a couple of weeks on our farm. Good fella and I've bumped into him and had a few drinks with him a couple of times since. Top man

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Thanks mate. He was actually billeted with me in an under 13 tournament many moons ago so spent a couple of weeks on our farm. Good fella and I've bumped into him and had a few drinks with him a couple of times since. Top fella
Yeah Nash is awesome, considered having him in my username tbh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Whilst I do get the platonic adoration of Mr. Nash (though not the best selector), what about Heath?? Where's the love for Heath?