• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 Teams in World Cup History

Molehill

International Captain
Interesting article on the BBC, basically it's the 9 winners plus NZ in '95.

Rugby World Cup 2023: Rank the top 10 teams in World Cup history - BBC Sport

You could debate this for hours, but think my Top 3 would probably be:

1. NZ 2015 (A level of rugby I don't think any team has surpassed)
2. Aus 1999 (Felt like a strong World Cup in which they were ultimately too good for everyone)
3. Eng 2003 (ok, some bias there but they did beat everyone easily before winning a Final against the defending Champions on their home turf).

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting article on the BBC, basically it's the 9 winners plus NZ in '95.

Rugby World Cup 2023: Rank the top 10 teams in World Cup history - BBC Sport

You could debate this for hours, but think my Top 3 would probably be:

1. NZ 2015 (A level of rugby I don't think any team has surpassed)
2. Aus 1999 (Felt like a strong World Cup in which they were ultimately too good for everyone)
3. Eng 2003 (ok, some bias there but they did beat everyone easily before winning a Final against the defending Champions on their home turf).
1987 All Blacks should be 2nd