• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that sounded like they were going to be a big deal in cricket and then weren't

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England and Australia's new up-and-coming openers: Haseeb Hameed and Matt Renshaw.

Sank like a stone the two them did.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
England and Australia's new up-and-coming openers: Haseeb Hameed and Matt Renshaw.

Sank like a stone the two them did.
This whole next big thing tag is more a curse than a blessing, I've said it all along

On that note, sadly it seems like Will Pucovski may well be on this list too

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The teesra.

& Warnie's "zooter" too; which I personally suspect only existed in his imagination, but that didn't seem to prevent Richie (RIP) from picking it from the hand.
In fairness I think towards the end of his career Warne just made up names for balls that went straight on, more to get in the heads of opposition batsmen.