• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Strange Death of Indian Cricket

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Geez Richard, are all these posts necessary (no doubt you'll say something like 'no posts are necessary' etc)? I come on to CW and have to trawl through pointless posts because you just have to post on just about everything.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why d'you have to trawl through them?

See my last line, BTW... no, I don't think they were neccessary and it was kinda spontaneous getting drawn into making most of them... as it often is.

And BTW... were you under the impression that I just posted 6 in a row? 'Cos I didn't. It was me and Tb, who then thought it was funny to delete all his posts and make it look like I was talking to myself... :@

Dasa

No, I'm just saying in general. You post on just about every thread in CC and often the comments are just useless. It's be much more considerate of you to just stop before making a post and ask yourself if it's really necessary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Look, A - you said it earlier - how many posts are really neccessary? IMO if you're going to post at all, it's hard to say "that's neccessary" and "that isn't".

I honestly don't see how it's a problem to you? If you were forced to read every word of all these posts I could understand it, but if you see a line of 10 posts or so that are plainly all just jokey, brief, three-line traders (and you can't possibly claim I am the only one who gets involved in such things), you just skip past them, it's not difficult - I do it all the time.

How do you define a "useless" post? And prey - what's wrong with posting on most threads? Should there be some threads that certain people are barred from? I can understand you being annoyed at my constant bagging of Bangladesh, for example, something I've done my utmost to cut-down on since your strong words on the matter, but in general I don't see what's wrong with it?

Dasa

I'll show you why it's a problem for me:

See, those are threads where I might like to see what discussion is taking place, but often you have taken the discussion on a tangent or have posted without contributing much to the subject at hand. Just as often it seems as if the last 2/3/4/5 pages of the thread are just arguments between you and someone else about the same subjects over and over and over.

It's not like I'm saying you shouldn't post at all, just a bit of discretion and consideration for the other users of this forum would be nice. You should consider how multiple posts by yourself make it that little bit more irritating to visit CC. Also you could consider that some people don't have that much time to browse CW and having to skip past your posts (whether you find it easy or not is irrelevant) could drive them away from the forum.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to do anything. I'd just like you to, if only to make CC a more pleasant place.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll show you why it's a problem for me:

See, those are threads where I might like to see what discussion is taking place, but often you have taken the discussion on a tangent or have posted without contributing much to the subject at hand. Just as often it seems as if the last 2/3/4/5 pages of the thread are just arguments between you and someone else about the same subjects over and over and over.

It's not like I'm saying you shouldn't post at all, just a bit of discretion and consideration for the other users of this forum would be nice. You should consider how multiple posts by yourself make it that little bit more irritating to visit CC. Also you could consider that some people don't have that much time to browse CW and having to skip past your posts (whether you find it easy or not is irrelevant) could drive them away from the forum.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to do anything. I'd just like you to, if only to make CC a more pleasant place.
I won't bother responding here, I would however like to discuss the matter with you further elsewhere if you have no objection?

Do you have MSN? If not, is your email address displayed somewhere?

Dasa

I won't bother responding here, I would however like to discuss the matter with you further elsewhere if you have no objection?

Do you have MSN? If not, is your email address displayed somewhere?
arunava__das @ hotmail

Fiery

Banned
Boring:
RICK: Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling! Bickering! Like children! What's happening to us? We never used to be like this! VYVYAN: Yes we did. MIKE: You know, he's right, Rick, we've always been like this. RICK: Well--yes--I know, but-- But that's just exactly my point! Nothing ever changes, nothing ever happens to us!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Marc, unless you crack the All Whites there is absolutely no money to be made in playing football in NZ. Even playing for the All Whites gives you little money.
NZ cricket survives because NZ are regarded as an important country in cricket so they are granted a decent slice of money by the ICC not to mention money being made out of television rights.

Fifa couldn't give a toss about NZ. I think we're ranked around 90 in the world. So I doubt Fifa is giving NZ that much money at all. Plus we play very few meaningful internationals so we can't make much out of television rights.

adharcric

International Coach
Boring:
RICK: Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling! Bickering! Like children! What's happening to us? We never used to be like this! VYVYAN: Yes we did. MIKE: You know, he's right, Rick, we've always been like this. RICK: Well--yes--I know, but-- But that's just exactly my point! Nothing ever changes, nothing ever happens to us!
Marc, unless you crack the All Whites there is absolutely no money to be made in playing football in NZ. Even playing for the All Whites gives you little money.
NZ cricket survives because NZ are regarded as an important country in cricket so they are granted a decent slice of money by the ICC not to mention money being made out of television rights.

Fifa couldn't give a toss about NZ. I think we're ranked around 90 in the world. So I doubt Fifa is giving NZ that much money at all. Plus we play very few meaningful internationals so we can't make much out of television rights.
WTF? :unsure:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry im not sure what Fiery was talking about but I was just responding to a previous comment by Marc.