• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the picture on CW games frontpage

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
That's harsh and unfair and once again shows your utter ignorance of different cultures.

Rubbish! if he gets offended by that picture what is he going to be like if he comes over to England

sorry but its too 19th century

Deja moo

International Captain
chris.hinton said:
Rubbish! if he gets offended by that picture what is he going to be like if he comes over to England
The same way you'd probably feel if you moved to a nudist colony. Get some perspective.

James

Cricket Web Owner
chris.hinton said:

sorry but its too 19th century
and that makes Neil's point even more valid about you 8-)

Shoaib

Banned
James said:
and that makes Neil's point even more valid about you 8-)
It seems that chris.hinton knows nothing about the Pushtoon /Afghan culture.Behlol got offended by that picture only because he is a Pushtoon/Pathan.In the Province to which he belongs,Afghan culture dominates the life of people.And in that province,most women are neither allowed to acquire education nor they r allowed to leave their houses for any social purposes.Even if some women leave their houses,they r with their faces covered so that strangers may not recognize them.A person (like Behlol) belonging to such an area would definitly find that kind of stuff to be offensive.

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Shoaib said:
It seems that chris.hinton knows nothing about the Pushtoon /Afghan culture.Behlol got offended by that picture only because he is a Pushtoon/Pathan.In the Province to which he belongs,Afghan culture dominates the life of people.And in that province,most women are neither allowed to acquire education nor they r allowed to leave their house for any social purposes.Even if some women leave their houses,they r with their faces covered so that strangers may not recognize them.A person (like Behlol) belonging to such an area would definitly find that kind of stuff to be offensive.
Well that is Disgusting IMO, but of course i might get banned for that

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
rubbergenius said:
Hi there - yeah, we've had thoughts on whether to include that photo in the emails we've sent out, but we decided to include it and we've had no complaints from our membership so far (the email went out to well over 100k people).

Obviously we don't want to offend anyone and these photos were originally done for a lads mag (no, not a Pr0n mag, the lads mag ZOO) but we felt that they were suitable enough for general usage.

And yes, some have seen it as effective advertising - does a half-nekkid woman advertising stuff means it sells more? No idea. But EA don't do this and they've never had a number one cricket game... :dry:

Any complaints then please send them through - I'd rather our audience be honest with us because we'll know what they want (and don't want) better. The online email is codem@codemasters.com and we will be happy to hear from you.
Oh,you can't compete with EA Sports.Their games are one of the best.Cricket2005 is much better than BLIC 2005.They cant even spell player names :thumbdown

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
that has to do that EA has way more money then Codemasters, dont be so dumb Behlol, you know that damn well.
Cricket 2005 might be better, but never been on the no1 spot.
and that that picture is worsest youve ever seen...you havnt been on the internet! cuz believe me....there are WAY worser pics around and even easier to spot that this one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m a seventeen year old male living in Australia, and I wouldn`t call it offence, but I reckon the amount of *** in advertising is ludicrous really. Though there is no arguing that it doesn`t work.

And Chris... well, the others have said enough really. Just keep an open mind mate.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I am Open Minded ans i agree with what Nnanden has said about Adverttising *** but this is just 1 pic and yet you all defending a kid who comes from an area where they treat Woman as worst then Aminals

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
Shoaib said:
It seems that chris.hinton knows nothing about the Pushtoon /Afghan culture.Behlol got offended by that picture only because he is a Pushtoon/Pathan.In the Province to which he belongs,Afghan culture dominates the life of people.And in that province,most women are neither allowed to acquire education nor they r allowed to leave their houses for any social purposes.Even if some women leave their houses,they r with their faces covered so that strangers may not recognize them.A person (like Behlol) belonging to such an area would definitly find that kind of stuff to be offensive.
To correct you,there are still sign-boards with women but wearing shalwar kameez.And in Peshawar the number of girls is more than boys nowadays.We are not that backward