• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the picture on CW games frontpage

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
there are also some avatars that are not for children of my age to see.if the picture is not changed,andthings like those are not stopped im out of here as the place is not child friendly anymore.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that, while you have every right to feel how you do, this forum is run by a Kiwi, and then mainly guys from New Zealand and Australia. The game, and especially that certain ad, is targeted primarily at the West Indies, Australia, New Zealand, England, etc. There's plenty of much, much worse images on the net, and those that don't want to see them simply have to avoid going to them

James

Cricket Web Owner
There have actually been a lot of images of that nature released by Codemasters in promoting BLIC 2005 in the United Kingdom just recently, some a lot worse than others. Some I even found were over the top and have not been published on CW.

I picked five of them that I think are fine to be published on a family website and I stand by that.

As Andy said, you have every right to feel that way but we're simply publishing news on what is happening in the cricket gaming world.

rubbergenius

Codemasters Community Liaison Manager
Hi there - yeah, we've had thoughts on whether to include that photo in the emails we've sent out, but we decided to include it and we've had no complaints from our membership so far (the email went out to well over 100k people).

Obviously we don't want to offend anyone and these photos were originally done for a lads mag (no, not a Pr0n mag, the lads mag ZOO) but we felt that they were suitable enough for general usage.

And yes, some have seen it as effective advertising - does a half-nekkid woman advertising stuff means it sells more? No idea. But EA don't do this and they've never had a number one cricket game... :dry:

Any complaints then please send them through - I'd rather our audience be honest with us because we'll know what they want (and don't want) better. The online email is codem@codemasters.com and we will be happy to hear from you.

Slow Love™

International Captain
rubbergenius said:
And yes, some have seen it as effective advertising - does a half-nekkid woman advertising stuff means it sells more? No idea. But EA don't do this and they've never had a number one cricket game... :dry:
LOL.

But in terms of offensive (in the sense of not being child-friendly) - it's nothing worse than what you might see at the beach.

cameeel

International Captain
rubbergenius said:
Hi there - yeah, we've had thoughts on whether to include that photo in the emails we've sent out, but we decided to include it and we've had no complaints from our membership so far (the email went out to well over 100k people).

Obviously we don't want to offend anyone and these photos were originally done for a lads mag (no, not a Pr0n mag, the lads mag ZOO) but we felt that they were suitable enough for general usage.

Any complaints then please send them through - I'd rather our audience be honest with us because we'll know what they want (and don't want) better. The online email is codem@codemasters.com and we will be happy to hear from you.
I've got no problem with it :naughty: :naughty:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Slow Love™ said:
But in terms of offensive (in the sense of not being child-friendly) - it's nothing worse than what you might see at the beach.
Difference being, when you go to the beach, you`re sort of expecting it yeah?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I like it. Have you met her before? Might be worth getting some more pictures..

For the game, of course :naughty:

Shoaib

Banned
Behlol said:
I haven't seen a more bad picture than that.
Actually, u belong to that area of Pakistan (NWFP Province) on which the Pushtoon/Afghan culture is dominant.U see 95% women covering their whole bodies including their faces in your area & thats the only reason u've found those pictures to be offensive.I remember a few months ago all sign boards of those companies using women for advertisement purposes were taken off.Singers are also not allowed to do any concerts in that province. I wonder what would u do seeing women advertising in almost cloth-less condition in other areas of Pakistan like Lahore/Karachi?

Last edited: